Only 9,000 people attended Trump rally on Saturday

Well, when it comes to politics, campaigning is the only thing he actually has some success at.

9 Likes

Only 9,000 people?!

7 Likes

It was actually funded by his 2016 campaign. I’ve been looking into this as someone posted up the poll and it said 2016. I thought it was weird. It’s extra money they had in the coffers being used, apparently.

6 Likes

Every non-media person who attended that rally should be put on a watch list. Those people will be the dangerous ones if we ever reach the day that the powers that be start handing out brown gold shirts and start smashing windows. There’s something truly chilling about a true believer.

5 Likes

According to Florida Today, The original allotment of tickets was taken by Thursday, and the venue was expanded
"Since the original allocation of tickets was issued and depleted, an additional section was approved to accommodate more of the incredibly high demand for tickets," said Lori Booker, a spokeswoman for Orlando Melbourne International."

I guess the point of the story is that Trump’s support is dropping, which may well be true. But lower attendance here, since it was a full capacity, ticketed event, might be due to changing security needs. I suspect that people are always going to be willing to show up for a speech by any president.

2 Likes

While i like to snark as much as the next person, especially over Trump. I think 9000 people is a decent amount of people. I think it’s sad anyone would feel compelled to go to a Trump event though.

4 Likes

Has any president before started a campaign for reelection that fast? And if not, who else started earlier than the majority?

“Over 9,000”

Where have I heard that /b/efore?

11 Likes

Reminds me of when i was screwing around my first few days on here :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

///

What was going on with the 3 guys screwing around behind him anyway ? its like they bought tickets to a football game & weren’t even watching. . .

Well I signed up with two separate phone numbers and got 4 tickets. Turns out I was busy. Also I live in California and the drive is a bitch.

10 Likes

27,000 showed up six months ago to the same venue.

Still decent or only a third as decent?

4 Likes

4 Likes

Heck of the last 4 Republican presidents, 3 of them have preferred “running for president” over actually “doing the job of president”. Trump is just kind of the ultimate expression of what Reagan and W brought to the job in different degrees.

7 Likes

Really? I heard it was the biggest rally in history.

4 Likes

Lies! This rally was biglier than the last rally! 9 is biglier than 7, and much biglier than 2, therefore 9,000 is tremendously biglier than 27,000. Q.E.D.

6 Likes

I am sure he thinks it was 90,000.

3 Likes

9,000 million.

6 Likes

Anyone want to make a bet that they deliberately limited the number of tickets so they can claim they had a sell-out crowd? Doing so would also be the easiest way to ensure that people were packed as closely together as possible, to create that sweet illusion of a huge crowd in the pictures released.

Do I think these guys are evil masterminds with even a casual relationship with the truth? No. A pack of grifters? Oh, hell, yes. They’ve said it themselves: truth doesn’t matter when you can play on people’s feelings. Most of the actual supporters will remember that crowd as being massive (because our brains are not good when it comes to large numbers of things, especially people) and the rest of them are just there to sell T-shirts.

Remember, laughing about his low support is part of what helped the apathetic stay home. This is not the first election upset I’ve witnessed because people assumed “oh he/she can’t lose” so they didn’t bother to vote then ended up shocked when he/she was defeated. Some of them were genuinely popular candidates, too. The minority of fanatics willing to show up will beat the majority of sane people who think they don’t need to, every single time.

2 Likes

No one’s laughing; that sound you hear is a collective sigh of relief.

3 Likes

Around 1000, who lined the street for most of a mile, but this one was a good idea to skip. Old wisdom from the WTO protest days – if an event is likely to attract provocateurs, it will be a) organized by the other side, b) have their security, and c) is an expected protest event. The other side will set honeypots, then send in their own bloc to fuck shit up.

1 Like