Only conservatives are allowed to harass people in public

Not to mention Sinclair-owned local stations. I think that equals a turn (or 2,000) at the mic.

17 Likes

Like getting Shot.

Or ran over

Outing trans activists.

Assaulting random pedestrians in broad daylight.

Oh, let’s not forget impulsive murder, lynching, and wholesale massacre

But do go on. Tell me how the people who oppose these acts are somehow the violent ones.

37 Likes

Ouch!

Hey @orenwolf said no name-calling!

10 Likes

Entitled%20Opinion

40 Likes

You run the government. You rule the media. Every comment section on YouTube, Facebook, news sites or any other social media channel is packed with nasty right-wing gloating. Other posters, as well as the original post, have provided specific examples of conservatives harassing, injuring and murdering people. I appreciate you having the courage to wade into what is admittedly a bit of a liberal echo chamber, but that doesn’t give your argument any substance. You have GOT to defend this utter nonsense statement you made if you expect anyone to take anything you say seriously.

29 Likes

One of my all-time favorite quotes:

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980)

The logical extension of this thought process is:

“Your thoughtful responses are another example of liberal fascism! I’m the victim here!!!”

35 Likes

That is something there is no question about.

17 Likes

we’ve all been guilty of this…unfortunately.

2 Likes

It’s an honorific.

13 Likes

Having come from a site that was basically a right wing ‘echo chamber,’ I beg to differ.

We have more than a few centrists, and a small handful of conservative right leaning members, not including the usual barnacle-trollies.

Asimov had his own problematic issues, to be sure; but that quote is freakin’ spot on.

The difference comes when one is utterly incapable of ever owning up to being wrong or unreasonable… like 45 and much of his ilk.

23 Likes

You’re lying and repeating Breitbart lies.
Fucking stop it.

37 Likes

Should be.

4 Likes

Facts are facts; no “alternatives.”

10 Likes

(Let me know when to stop.)

41 Likes

17 Likes

Both of which are difficult in the U.S. We have a two-party system, a broken Electoral College, and the conservative 27% Know-Nothing base that by its nature is anti-intellectual and poorly educated in a way only Dolt-45 would brag about.

As for the mainstream media, as long as an outlet is dependent on an advertising model it has to appeal to a lowest common denominator audience (and that 27%, some of our own trollies included, shows just how dumbed-down that denominator can get). Since a lot of American outlets try to enhance that appeal by making some pretense toward being “unbiased”, you get conservatives making inherently un-intellectual appeals on the broadcasts and pages of otherwise reputable outlets.

Mine, too – Asimov’s pithy encapsulation of Hofstadter’s classic:

20 Likes

Excellent, thanks for the reference.

5 Likes

Just before you get to the Daily Mail. However much it provides source material in its news reporting, the mailonline should never be used as a link source for other material - there are usually alternatives.

(PS But don’t stop!) :wink:

6 Likes

And yet you avoid my question in favor of a non-sequitur of vague claims of incidents.
“Bike lock swung by professor of philosophy.”

Reactionary shoots at Antifa.

Other reactionary shoots at Antifa.

I could keep going. Because the numbers of violent incidents are extremely unbalanced in both number and severity - and perpetrated by the right. But statistics, how do the fucking work, eh? You keep complaining about others being blind to the truth, yet you’re either being grossly ignorant or disingenuous in ignoring the well-documented reality here.

27 Likes

In this instance I’m not depending on the reporting but the actual video footage to prove a point.

8 Likes