Only conservatives are allowed to harass people in public

Yeah, I get that, and that was what I was trying to say. Clumsily, obviously. There are usually other sources for such videos, that avoid the need to drive clicks to the Mail and its sister internet presence. But hey-ho - good selection of videos to make the point well. Thanks.

3 Likes

Providing tangible evidence for your assertions; how dare you!

12 Likes

Multi-tasking. To your point, if I had more time I would have curated better. (raw footage if possible) :wink:

6 Likes

2007-2016 there have been domestic political extremists have killed 374 people. 74% of them were right-wing extremists, 24% of them were Islamic terror events, and the last 2% was due to left-wing extremism - almost all of which was in 2016 with the Dallas and Baton Rogue police shootings which has very little to do with the white nationalist protests you are talking about. And both of those were disavowed by activists as individuals before the murders and after the murders as events.

30 Likes

Back when I was an active moderator on a outdoors-related website, I developed criteria for who was an internet bully and worthy of at least a temporary ban. Whenever someone claimed they were being picked on, and it turned out to be something similar (or much milder) than what they had done to others = bully. The ones who had the self-awareness, when their hypocrisy was pointed out, to reverse course, successfully rejoined the community. Most, however, threw a tantrum when even given a short time-out, proving the point.

18 Likes

A profound denial of reality makes it impossible to recognize being wrong, much less own up to it. I’ve never seen a more extreme mass denial of reality in my life than Trumpism. It’s so overt, too. You can practically see how their minds are sliding around the truth, working overtime to avoid it, sometimes.
Which reminds me of the NYTimes talking to Trump about the newspaper report, mentioned in BoingBoing, of his father’s arrest at the Klan rally. First they ask him about his father living at the address mentioned in the article; then they ask him about the event. First he admits his father lived there, then in his next sentence, once he realizes the context, he denies his father ever lived there. He then repeats a cycle, over and over, of denying it ever happened, attacking BoingBoing for mentioning it (even though the source was a contemporaneous news report), denying he knew anything about it and then pointing out that there were no charges, so it shouldn’t be mentioned.

16 Likes

When the left gets around to talking about shooting or killing fascists and oligarchs it will probably be well past the time it’s appropriate to actually start doing it.

12 Likes

Thread:

This"be civil" garbage is a trap when those in power will not respect nor return your civility or even recognise your humanity.

26 Likes

Or, as in the case in question, The Federalist which was founded by a rising star or a young turk or some such by the name of Ben Domenech who is married to Meghan McCain. So no, as you say, not fringe.

6 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Trumpist tells man and his mother they are bad people for being Mexican: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/06/26/viral-video-woman-citing-trump-tells-landscaper-mexicans-rapists/733642002/

15 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

13 Likes

Someone improved this thread but it wasn’t ICE or that giant of hip-hop, Rob van Winkle.

2 Likes

Ah yes, take the word of someone vouching for a party full of provable liars.

No thanks I’m not a gullible idiot.

10 Likes

Remember the good ole days when the biggest breach of civility was “You Lie!”?

6 Likes

I like my local Sunoco cashiers idea- fill a plane with pure THC for crop dusting and fly over the country. Maybe if everybody was high they would just chill the hell out.

I wonder what the feasibility of creating a pill to force recognition of hypocrisy and fact would do if everyone was forced to take it. It wouldn’t have as strong an effect on the intelligent but it would have an enormous effect on a large part of the populace let’s just say that.

1 Like

Cool. We’ll be awaiting your brilliant arguments.

11 Likes

Every while somebody posts a graph, or a link, or even writes a post purporting to show which ideology has killed more people. Communism, Fascism, Nazism, Capitalism, etc. All of then have led to the deaths of multiple tens of millions of people. But the partisans such and such only killed eighty million, but those people killed one hundred million! More evil than us!

Fine. That is what we have here as the political parties’ actions are remarkably alike. Both parties are war mongering, murdering, lying, law breaking, corrupt, civil rights violating, police state creating, poverty increasing, incompetent weasels intent on getting and maintaining power. Both parties use the labels liberal and conservative as camouflage to use on their base, that’s us, their chumps, fools, useful idiots.

2 Likes

I don’t know. The intelligent are better at thinking up excuses for believing in complete tripe.

2 Likes