Only you can determine what tops the official Hallowe'en Candy Hierarchy

• There’s chocolate and non-chocolate. Non-chocolate doesn’t count.
  • There’s bigger chocolate and smaller chocolate. Bigger is better.
  • There’s chocolate with things in it, and no accounting for taste as to which things are better.
  • There’s straight chocolate, which needs to be dark, not milk chocolate. (Milk chocolate’s only ok if there are things in it.)
5 Likes

I think I can get behind that, mostly. There are a few non-chocolate items worth eating, but otherwise, yeah, that’s a solid foundation right there!

No love for guising? :disappointed:

2 Likes

I got halfway through the survey and then decided I didn’t give a shit. Is this another one of those funny IQ tests?

1 Like

In Denmark they say slick eller ballade which means the person answering the door either has to be really a groovy type or they will be serenaded.

1 Like

“Chick-o-Sticks (we don’t know what that is)” I’ll take em!

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, they’re a lot like the inside of a Butterfinger, aren’t they?

3 Likes

Pfft. Chewy sweet tarts or gtfo. I will make an exception for Cherry or fruit flavored jolly ranchers.

(Why yes I do eat citric acid straight, why do you ask?)

Oh, and Zotz rule. Quite sour and they make your mouth foam up.

They used to just sell the powder. It was amazing I didn’t choke on the stuff.

5 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again

Grape Mentos for the win!!!

5 Likes

It’s a boingboing tradition man! We get the candy hierarchy every year, and this time we get to be the guinea pigs and lab rats in the study.

1 Like

You can keep them. I threw up so many halloweens, not knowing why, before I discovered that artificial grape gives me migraines. That’s one of the reasons I only go for chocolate. They never mix it with grape anything.

1 Like

5 Likes

That’s real grape. I’m talking concentrated Methyl anthranilate. You know, the stuff that literally smells like purple.

8 Likes

Purple stuff? Love it.

2 Likes

Also, red wine gives me a migraine too, because the methyl anthranilate is too concentrated.

3 Likes

But the headache lets you know you’re alive! How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat?

2 Likes

Don’t try the Mollydooker wines! They are loaded with it. But it tastes like a bushel of fruit in each glass, if you are into that sort of thing.

1 Like

Matcha (green tea) KitKats FTW

Not that anybody gives them here for Halloween…

9 Likes

Thanks for the warning. I haven’t drunk any kind of grape wine since I was maybe 16. That single event spawned a migraine so bad that I took powertools to my body to try and distract myself from the intractable pain. I think I’ll just avoid wine instead.

So far my only other migraine triggers are seafood of practically any kind and formaldehydes, which to me smell like the scent itself is trying to asphyxiate me.

Although I’m happy to eat breaded deep fried clams with huy fong Sriracha, and heavy creamy clam chowders. But those don’t really taste like seafood anyway.

1 Like