Oops: A gentleman shatters glass doors as he enters a store with too much gusto

The store’s been there for quite some time. This is the Saturn (an electronics store similar to Best Buy) in the city center of Hamburg, Germany. When I saw this video yesterday, I thought to myself that this was where the location was because those two layers of glass doors is pretty distinctive to this place. It was hard to be sure since the event was at night and I couldn’t see outside. Today, though, after work, I went over to the Saturn and saw that, sure enough, both doors have been replaced confirming my theory. Small world for sure.

4 Likes

My first thought was Bullwinkle.

1 Like

Saturn stores seem to be similar. Good on you for checking the store. I haven’t been to the one in Munich Kaufinger Strasse yet, but your word is good enough for me.

2 Likes

Nice forensic work but I was referring to an entirely different glass door smashing event in a bar in another part of the world. BTW it was not an external door but one located on a stair landing (think very large stair landing) that lead to a rooftop bar. Apparently it was not designed to fail as it didn’t break into relatively blunt chunks like a car windscreen might but was quite a jaggered mess of about ice block size - but not a bit square.

Wait, this particular door was one single thick slab of glass?

Yes. A big heavy plate about an inch thick. And from recollection it was framed in a glass wall of the same stuff. Only the door broke.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.