Oops! Indicted Donald Trump reportedly buys gun, until spokesperson takes it back (video)

Ok, you are right, it seems like his campaign or some news outlets or both reported “he bought a gun”, which was not accurate, and then they took that statement back.

Trump is a buffoon, that I can say with certainty.

6 Likes
3 Likes

That’s what I thought.

As you say, clear as mud. I wasn’t aware that there was any possibility of a non-FFL buying a handgun outside the state that issued him his ID. Interesting, it allows the concept of dual state residence. I wonder if FFLs really allow that kind of thing. Every time an FFL submits a 4473, he’s putting himself at risk if there’s a misstatement on it.

2 Likes

“I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.”
— Donald Trump

Cecily Strong Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes

Yes. IIRC Domestic Violence is the one thing that could get you flagged (at least temporarily) with out a conviction.

But he is a resident of Florida and can’t buy a pistol in South Carolina. He could buy it and have it transferred to a Florida FFL to do the paperwork and NICS check, but he can’t walk out with it.

But most likely, he is “buying” this just like he would buy everyone’s food at a photo op stop.

ETA - I think I am wrong about the first part - see my reply.

6 Likes

I say let him buy it, then inform him that it’s safe to clean it while it’s loaded.

3 Likes

I’m surprised he didn’t try to resell it (after stiffing the vendor) for 100x it’s value as a fundraiser for his campaign, I mean, legal defense.

8 Likes

Some folks just have to “be right”… even when they are incorrect.

*shrugs

7 Likes

I’m surprised no one has mentioned that the handgun he was showing off has a portrait of Trump set into the grip as well as a big number “45” to remind us how many hamburgers he’d eaten that week.

5 Likes

Only if you’re not a psycho. If you’re an amoral scumbag it’s a lot easier.
bang! Target missed completely
Wow a bullseye! turns gun on witnesses Wasn’t that a fantastic bullseye. I’m wracking up so many points, right… write them down… good. Now clap and tell me I’m awesome.

10 Likes

In my state (IL) to acquire a FOID you also can’t have had in-patient mental health treatment (not substance abuse though) in the last five years…I’m just waiting for that one to get sued and overturned as well.

4 Likes

… is Dick Cheney “shooting quail” again :thinking:

9 Likes

I doubt he’s cleaned anything himself in years.

5 Likes

There is a fairly large class of people (>1M) that maintain one state of residence (and pay taxes to them), but live in another state (and possibly work in a third), and can buy firearms in any of them, because they’re considered to be a resident of all of them for the purposes of buying a gun, being able to show either their state of residence ID, proof of residence via bills, or orders to verify residency.

1 Like

I’ll never understand why all these gung-ho “patriots” are so into Austrian manufacturing

4 Likes

perfect response

1 Like

I blame Schwarzenegger’s action movies.

4 Likes

With panache, I would assume.

Apparently, to clean the barrel, you have to blow in to it while vigorously wiggling the trigger.

6 Likes

5 Likes

When Trump said “I want to buy one!” what the sellers were expected to do was to grovel and say “Oh, no, your holiness, we want to give it to you as a symbol of our infinite love and devotion!!!”, because at the heart of it all, The Dear Leader is a cheap bastard, who is never not conning his dupes.

8 Likes