Oops! News reporter blames plane crash on defective "flux capacitator"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/29/oops-news-reporter-blames-pla.html

5 Likes

I’m far more concerned about why all those Libyan terrorists were hanging around a municipal airport.

21 Likes

Could of been the laser disk drive unit or the floppy disk capacity.

4 Likes

If you order your flux capacitors from Digikey, you have to be careful to get the ones that are rated at 5% full scale error or better. If you get the cut rate ones you can easily wind up with a part that’s 25% off of it’s rating and that’s just asking for a failure.

I think the crash is more likely the result of trying to fly at 88 mph. Well, either that or the Mr. Fusion unit crapped out. I hear those things are kind of flaky.

13 Likes

18 Likes

5 Likes

The-Internet-the-it-crowd-27191791-500-230

13 Likes

If only she had a way to go back in time and stop herself from saying that.

10 Likes

Because mall parking lots are so 1985.

2 Likes

FARMER: It looks like an airplane… without wings!
PILOT: Yeah it was a pretty rough landing.

6 Likes

9 Likes

probably too young to get the obvious reference.

3 Likes

Thank goodness the pilot’s alive. He’s in the old west, but he’s alive!

10 Likes

No. I’m sure that she meant to say “Interocitor”. The plane had trouble with its on-board Interocitor.

6 Likes

I don’t buy that; BttF is iconic at this point; even my 13 year old kid and her peers are hip to it…

5 Likes

It’s one of those movie series that really holds up for young people (despite the now alternate 2015 in Pt II). Fun, well-written, finely crafted, great performances, meme-ready lines and images. I have yet to meet a kid who didn’t enjoy it.

3 Likes

Favorite moment of the actual year, 2015:

9 Likes

Maybe it was the oscillation overthruster?

8 Likes

It’s not our fault that Marty left us with the alternative timeline where Biff Tannen became president.

13 Likes

Agreed. My 13 year old took all their friends to go see it at the theater for their birthday. (The cheap theater plays classic movies on Thursdays) The kiddos that hadn’t seen it yet LOOOOOVED it.

5 Likes