Open carry swords come to Texas on Sept 1

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/07/14/boffers-rejoice.html

3 Likes

Not super concerned with people’s ability to carry 16th-century weapons.

5 Likes

Q: Does this apply to chainsaw hands?

And/or sword guns.

Both historical.

And fantasy.

20 Likes

Where else am I going to carry my civil war memorabilia? /s

14 Likes

Texas moves one step closer to becoming an earthly paradise.

16 Likes

Not if I can’t bring my swords to church

16 Likes

5 Likes

leave it to a >racial slur< to bring a knife to a gunfight

5 Likes

Great, now i can realize my dream of becoming Crocodile Dundee

15 Likes

So few Americans are versed in the intricacies of knifey-spooney.

12 Likes

Florida Man stories that involve swords usually also have the word naked. What theme will Texas Man adopt?

/popcorn

23 Likes

Amazing how legislators spend their time in Texas.

12 Likes

The only absurdity here is that you can carry guns into places in Texas (and in most other states) where swords are still forbidden. How the hell does that make sense? The only reason that’s the case is that there’s no politically powerful “National Sword Association.”

33 Likes

Barbecue.

9 Likes

The sword lobby looks like this:

Pretty crowded.

27 Likes

Texas only recently allowed open carry of firearms on Jan 1, 2016. One would have thought it was legal sooner given all the cowboys running around.

9 Likes

8 Likes

Seems like a perfect parody.

2 Likes

Remember this is the state that bans nerf guns at universities whilst real guns are allowed…

14 Likes

My understanding is that open carry is not something most gun owners like to do. Concealed carry license is usually what most people will go for. I have heard of cases of people doing open carry being jumped by seedy people to steal the gun from them, probably something that rarely happens but honestly i wouldn’t want to advertise that i had a gun on me if i didn’t have to. However it being Texas i am also surprised it wasn’t a thing before last year.

7 Likes