Oregon militiaman arrested after stealing wildlife reserve vehicle to go shopping

At a guess, they probably think of themselves as minarchists and believe the US Constitution’s framers were also minarchists. Or maybe they haven’t thought it through that far.

3 Likes

I found some footage of @popobawa4u heading to the Safeway:

11 Likes

That is just getting public infrastructure sooooo wrong.

Taxpayers have covered / are covering the whole of the construction and maintenance of the park. The private hire fees are maybe a bit of a top up payment for the day the event is run, but in no way does or should theses be an entitlement for any sort of exclusivity…

Living in Central London, where hiring out public “royal” parks has become a kind of competitive (penalty free) high jump event for local politicians this is serious / important stuff.

Someone paying peanuts just does not negate the public’s right to use their amenities.

2 Likes

“It’s the worst excuse in the world, and it…
…doesn’t make it all right.”
D Goldberg / Jerry Dammers

2 Likes

On the other hand, think of how cool it would be. You’d probably need a pilot’s license and (hopefully) it’d be unarmed, at least.

( Thinks about it, I do live eight miles from Ames…)

Fuckit, I’m taking a classified dirigible to work, fuckers.

Sky-mutha-fucking Captain Japhroaig!!!

6 Likes

No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there’s nothing to be afraid of.

…Some of them, like Ammo Bund, are mutant Mormon theocrats, who believe that God intended that region of land to be part of the Promised Land of Deseret.
Some are authoritarian bootlickers who think the land should be added to the property of existing landowners.
Some are Sovereign Citizens who believe that the US federal government is some sort of mass hallucination. Some are white supremacists / separatists.

What they have in common is their opposition to any organised power structure – at the county or state or federal level – that might prevent the guys with guns, i.e. them, from doing what they want.

12 Likes

Lemme guess… this is a suppressed-WW2-German-technology dirigible?

Oh,let’s do this shit right. I’m gonna sovereign citizen an eighty year old nazi airship out of NASA that goes four miles an hour and take a mile high dump on apple. All the while blaring wagner and wearing women’s lederhosen.

I might have actually lost my mind, I peeled a lot of fruit today.

7 Likes

I’d like to make one manservation: you are not only a patient woman, but you are a patient awesome goddamn cool person.

(I may have to get my own swear jar. Can i make myself rich by swearing and paying myself for it?)

5 Likes

I’ve reached the maximum number of likes today. I must wait 25 minutes before trying again.

4 Likes

Airships are the best though can’t we DIY a tandem bicycle-powered model?

1 Like

So, you really don’t know your Oregon history? (We are all weirdos :D)

3 Likes

The military toys are not for use against middle aged white men.

3 Likes

Hey! :rabbit: Why do you think I asked? The northwest is my spiritual and some time actual home. And if there’s going to be a personsl bicycle-powered airship to be requisitioned, rural Oregon is a great place to start searching.

1 Like

The multiple dudes that fly lawn chairs with balloons and a beebee gun crack me up. Most of the rest of the world thinks we make this shit up.

Keep Austin Weird? Posers, we have real weird up here :smiley:

3 Likes

Montana is pretty weird too.

2 Likes

It occurs to me that this is the perfect beginning of the end for them. First guy gets arrested for grant theft auto, makes them think twice about leaving the refuge, soon they really are in a siege, and that bag of candy dicks looks tastier every day.

14 Likes