Origins of Trump family fortune traced to Canada brothel during Gold Rush era

It’s Trumps all the way down.

14 Likes

I know, right!? Trying to upscale Orange Shitler by connecting him to a house of ill-repute.

14 Likes

Well, Daddy was a racist slum lord, from what I hear, so there is a distinct trend downwards there…

20 Likes

The problem is that while we’re both snarking, neither of us is actually wrong. (Not that there’s anything intrinsically wrong with sex-work, but when a POTUS finalist is lower than a pimp…you might be tempted, again, to think we’ve hit rock bottom but I’ve removed that concept from my vocabulary).

9 Likes

Got a ways to go. The world as a whole is moving towards a neo-feudalism based on contract labour - all the stupidity of the old feudalism without the reciprocal duties (oft honoured in the breach, I’ll grant) of lord to tenant…

8 Likes

Giant Meteor 2020?

8 Likes

Yes, you are correct. When I saw the post, I just grabbed the book and looked in the index for the town or restaurant. It is likely that his establishment was outside the geographic scope of the book.

3 Likes

One can hope.

2 Likes

† for some values of correct;

Or, in this case, up.

4 Likes

And don’t forget TrumpTV! It’ll be InfoWars with good-looking women.

4 Likes

This post is only partially true. It wasn’t a known brothel but brotels were common place back then. http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-grandfather-prostitution/

4 Likes

Loving the ‘brotel’ neologism. Let’s hope the first one’s called the Adelphi Brotel.

3 Likes

That is a whole world of sadness right there.

7 Likes

Yeah. . . why does he even need Trump TV, every network covers his antics 24-7 already?

I’m guessing he realized the news outlets were making lots of money covering him all the time and figures "hey, I want a piece of that action. " I think if Trump TV really does become a full time operation then the news media will lose interest and move on to other stuff, and Trump TV will be like Trump University: convincing rubes to buy subscriptions.

2 Likes

It’s all right unless someone’s paying for it, which is naughty. (The principal difference between Berlusconi and Trump seems to be that Berlusconi is perfectly OK with actually paying women to have sex with him, whereas Trump thinks they should fall in with his wishes simply because he’s a celebrity.)

4 Likes

Because this means Donald might be considered…CANADIAN!

4 Likes

Hey! BoingBoing! Don’t post stories that actually make me kind of like parts of Trump’s family!!!

It confuses me!

5 Likes

The man spews filth from is orange hole every day. Why even bother with this family past?

2 Likes

I note that bad comb-overs run in the family.

2 Likes

It means, you know… things… things you can grab