Oscar Issac joins the Marvel cinematic universe as Moon Knight

HA HA HA HA HA! You Win!

6 Likes

It’s kind of a shame that when comic book deities lend their powers to mortal beings it’s always for the purpose of fighting crime.

Why is it always some caped vigilante who summons the power of Zeus to strike fear in the hearts of criminals and never a microbrewer who summons the power of Bacchus to make some really great craft beer?

13 Likes

You fine Mutant are on to something there! Start writing it, you will make a million!

5 Likes

I think Magicians did that.

5 Likes

Your brain?

Real talk.

Frankly, I’m also excited to see what they do with Moon Knight, and we’ve already established I’m not quite the nerd that some others are.

And Oscar Issac is all kinds of awesome.

Sadly, I must agree.

4 Likes

Is the filming complete?

Ulliel starred in the series, set to be released March 30, as the villainous art thief Anton Mogart/Midnight Man.

5 Likes

I thought First Class and Logan were pretty well-loved.

Micheal B Jordan as well (even playing the same original character!)

5 Likes

Meanwhile Jay Underwood was probably thinking “hey, I played the Human Torch in a terrible Fantastic Four movie back in 1994… when do I get to hang out with Black Panther in Wakanda?”

5 Likes

From The Amazing Spider-Man Issue 211, Page 10, Panel 5
One of these nondescript oldsters playing shuffleboard with Aunt May could be anyone! I can’t wait!

7 Likes

I think it would be found in japanese comics scene.

1 Like

While it’s not quite the same as some dude using his diety-granted powers for something more trivial. There are certainly cases of deity granted villians, in both DC and Marvel.

Juggernaut for instance, isn’t a mutant, but a guy empowered by a deity named Cyttorak:

And Black Adam is an Ancient Egyptian predecessor of Captain Marvel granted the attributed powers of a set of Egyptian deities. (Here SHAZAM is both a wizard who grants Captain Marvel’s powers but also an acronym for the specific deities being called upon. Because of some trickery Black Adam’s powers are directly from the Egyptian dieties, while Captain Marvel’s are via the wizard and Greek derived)

I’m positive there are more examples, but these two are the biggest that come immediately to mind.

4 Likes

More exciting than any of us could have imagined. Shuffleboarders Unite!

[Thanks. That was awesome!]

1 Like

And then there’s…

4 Likes

Nope, that’s Captain Marvel, who DC sorta-kinda renamed Shazam, because of the /other/ Captain Marvel over at Marvel. It’s complicated.

Edit: I assume that’s what you’re referring to with this, otherwise I’m at a loss.

3 Likes

When did he make Captain?? He spent five years just trying to make Lance Corporal!

6 Likes

Huh, I had no idea Gomer Pyle went around saying Shazam. That’s great! No doubt he picked it up from the comics.

Edit: By way of explanation about my previous confusion, beyond the fact I’m not incredibly familiar with Gomer Pyle. Zachary Levi in his turn as Shazam looks a bit like Jim Nabors.

5 Likes

But did he have the power of song?

2 Likes
4 Likes

Again, I just stared at Fassbender and to a lesser extent McAvoy in First Class, made it easy enough for me to ignore that it’s really not great. Logan was pretty good, but soooooo depressing. I like the X-Men characters, their back stories, what they’re trying to do…but the movies just haven’t been very good.

Kinda off-topic, but our youngest cat, the giant kitten, is named after Logan (because Wolverine is one syllable too long to be a good cat name). He shedded the hell out of all of us when he was a young kitten!

1 Like

Ah, but “The Spectacular Spider-Man” issue 211, page 10, panel 5 has this panel showing retired detective Terry Martin

But in reality just one of the many forms of The Chameleon!"

The theme of ‘cop who was a bad guy all along’ probably wouldn’t pass muster with Marvel’s marketing team.

7 Likes