Out-of-tune CPAC National Anthem fixed by a piano accompaniment in many keys

I really like this one: https://youtu.be/2CNtrhOe4MA

But can we also just pause to ask how this happens? Singers are a dime a dozen and they can’t find one who can sing in tune?

But they could get a professional for a small fee. As a national anthem it’s stupidly tricky but not tricky enough to be unable to find someone who can sing it in tune.

3 Likes

No doubt you’re right, although the audience reaction does tend to provide further evidence that CPAC and similar crowds have no problem relishing whatever MAGA/GOP-generated crap is thrown at them.

3 Likes

I was just thinking about that, in terms of GOP reps, recent - you have people like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Madison Cawthorn, i.e. lunatics and sexual predators, who would be unceremoniously ejected out of the Democratic party, but those are actually selling points for Republican voters because upsetting “liberals” is the major attraction, not policy, etc. The Republican party is now literally at the stage where “being a sex offender to own the libs” is their strategy.

6 Likes

If they can destroy the country enough that no potential immigrant gives the US a passing thought, it’s a two-fer!

3 Likes

At some level, I suspect a pretty large donation to CPAC was involved: from her, a spouse, a parent, somebody. It was not worth it.

1 Like

Two problems with that statement:

• Experts are bad and don’t know anything;
  • You expect them to PAY someone for their work?
9 Likes

This is the Four Seasons Total Landscaping of singers.

9 Likes

On the other hand, look how much fun we’re having.

1 Like

Was Roseanne Barr unavailable?

4 Likes

Turns out, not quite.

1 Like

Happy Party GIF by Morphin

We have a winner!

1 Like

George Orwell, talking about the goose-step march in England, Your England.

Its ugliness is part of its essence, for what it is saying is ‘Yes, I am ugly, and you daren’t laugh at me’, like the bully who makes faces at his victim. Why is the goose-step not used in England? There are, heaven knows, plenty of army officers who would be only too glad to introduce some such thing. It is not used because the people in the street would laugh. Beyond a certain point, military display is only possible in countries where the common people dare not laugh at the army.

8 Likes
5 Likes

Alternate f̶a̶c̶t̶s̶ melody

5 Likes

Hey, Mrs. Soprano!

1 Like

This is exactly it. Thank you for posting that.

The horrible tackiness is seen as a feature, not a bug, of all gross fascistic fucking idiots. There’s a reason the Nazis had skull and crossbones regalia. Go all-in on really tacky evil. Did we ever really expect evil to not be tacky?

1 Like

A classic in the key of H… or maybe Q.

2 Likes

Yes, in a nutshell it’s horribly tricky. A song with those leaps up and down the scale is a terrible thing to foist on a public that only learns rudimentary song skills. Like many glee songs of its time the original’s popularity lept with the challenge. There’s a long history of English tricky/entertaining drinking songs and catches going back to Henry VIII and there it well deserved its fame and popularity.

A capella in public is a fool’s errand unless the singer seriously knows what they’re doing. Between the melody and the words I’d love to see it replaced. Exciting origin story but it’s soooo not enough to warrant the misery.

4 Likes

I study singing. There are a million like me. No one is giving me a record deal but I can carry a tune. It’s a dime a dozen for an acceptable singer. The GOP disdains mediocrity so much that they can’t imagine even aspiring to it.

7 Likes