Panicked JD Vance blames "chaos" of finances on Harris — meanwhile, Dow Jones nears all-time high (video)

Originally published at: Panicked JD Vance blames "chaos" of finances on Harris — meanwhile, Dow Jones nears all-time high (video) - Boing Boing

7 Likes

Right; because the Vice President of the United States is the most important factor in the Japan-based Nikkei market (which just had a huge rebound today anyway).

24 Likes

JD or whatever your name is, what the hell does a Vice President have to do with anything? ARE YOU GOING TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVERYTHING IF YOU ARE VP???

15 Likes

Hmmm, seems like I’ve heard this song before…
Oh yeah!

Originality is not their strong suit.

21 Likes

Vance no doubt also thinks that the Fed should be controlled by the executive branch once the MAGA regime has been established. No danger of chaos resulting there! /s

17 Likes

23 Likes

Does this guy invest the Gomez Addams way?

13 Likes

The only current “chaos of finances” is that Wall Street is becoming skeptical about the profitability of tech companies that are burning millions a day on pseudo-AI, that are are owned/invested by Vance’s billionaire pals.

23 Likes

we know the drill 16 to 19 inches of record rainfall in the gulf coast region of FL
Used to be the gays caused it ow it Harris/Walz are to blame

13 Likes

Watched the Japanese news on this yesterday, there was a lot of head-scratching on exactly what’s going on and why. Bank of Japan head was saying something about how the yen rising quickly was causing a lot of instability in the Nikkei, but idk enough about macroeconomics to gauge how much this is an accurate analysis vs reading tea leaves.

Whatever the cause though, volatility in one of the biggest world economies can spread to other major world markets.

9 Likes

30cc16f5-1a22-4765-b64b-280f9f75383d_text

17 Likes

If Biden was still the candidate, would they still be blaming Harris instead of him? Are they even capable of pretending to talk about real issues rather than scare words they randomly strung together to attack their opponents?

15 Likes

Even people who have spent a lifetime in the field struggle to accurately understand or predict the behavior of complex financial systems. But “blame my current opponent for scary-sounding thing I don’t understand!” is a pretty tried-and-true tactic for slimy dumbass politicians. It simplifies everything into a single soundbyte.

14 Likes

When exactly did Kamala Harris (or more correctly Joe Biden) become responsible for the war in Ukraine or the Middle East? I mean if you want to call out someone’s record, at least make it make sense.

8 Likes

Almost all of us should probably ignore day-to-day, transient, fluctuations and Harris had nothing to do with this, but it isn’t like there wasn’t a dramatic drop recently:

7 Likes

A dramatic drop following a pretty significant spike. This is how it usually goes in the short run, with large day-to-day variations that largely even out over time. Day-to-day is pretty meaningless unless you are a daytrader. (Is that even still a thing?)

17 Likes

I’ve been hearing this one from a relative for a while now. According to their reasoning, Putin only invaded Ukraine because the United States was providing support for Ukraine’s national defense, and now the people of Ukraine are only dying in the fight against Russia because Biden wanted them to fight instead of “compromising” (i.e., ceding national sovereignty to a despot who is trying to rebuild the USSR).

I can kind of see the isolationist reasoning that the war isn’t any of our business (flawed reasoning in my opinion, but OK). But I still can’t wrap my head around the idea that the United States is responsible for starting that war.

9 Likes

yeah, a big reach for JD. but they are all flopping around trying to figure out when exactly this speeding locomotive went off the rails. Hint: it was the boss.

4 Likes

So-called “carry trades” are unwinding due to central bank of Japan raising interest rates because of a stronger yen. In a nut shell it’s your basic foreign currency arbitrage bullshit causing global hedge funds to dump their holdings. Standard Wall Street shenanigans.

12 Likes

Republicans are making a big deal out of the fact that Trump didn’t start any wars while he was in office, but in order to make that a reason to vote for Trump instead of Biden (and Biden’s chosen successor) they have to convince everyone that Biden started at least one war. The reasoning is inane, but they’ve got a lot of dopes (including a surprising number of non-Republicans) to buy it.

11 Likes