Party comes to an abrupt end

Since this was never really my scene, can someone provide context for approximately how big of a party foul that was from a monetary perspective? (Not counting the cost of the phone)

10 Likes

But it’s traditional mixed with lime (or other alkali substances) to render as a freebase, and absorbed through the mucosa.

Pretty sure that it would be active if eaten (cocoa leave tea is currently popular), but the physiology of the traditional route is more in line with snorting it (musoca absorption).

It’s not great for your stomach lining, but then neither is ibuprofen. If you’re consuming enough cocaine to do any real damage that way, you frankly have bigger problems. Some people I knew used to mix it with Campari and vodka, as the sugar and high alcohol supposedly helped more of the drug get absorbed into the bloodstream rather than it getting uselessly metabolized in the intestine. At one time before panicking idiots banned it’s legal use, tiny dosages of cocaine were a common ingredient in many medicines and some cocktails. Personally, I think it’s a waste of the stuff, especially since the price has risen.

6 Likes

I know, right!?

1 Like

Somehow I ended up with a bag of coca leaves. I chewed on them all afternoon, and they gave a pleasant and clean kind of lift (compared to caffeine which at high doses leaves me nauseous and jittery). The downside was a stomach ache.

I found out later that you can potentiate the coca leaf buzz by adding a bit of calcium oxide (lime) to the quid, which reduces the amount material you need which reduces the stomach ache.

9 Likes

21 Likes

cha’tu madre, weon!

I thought the phone was going to vibrate with an incoming call and scatter the blow to the four winds.

19 Likes

not that i know these things, but that looks to be about half a gramme a line (or more) which google tells me would make that upwards of $240 of coke. my first thought was that as they were cutting out the lines someone said, hey, wouldn’t it be funny if someone spilled a drink now. to which someone else replied, yeah, let’s do this, and then make the video with icing sugar. which would explain why the lines are so fat. also doing it on a phone is improv. if you have enough cash to get that much of a habit that you’d need that much coke then you’d have paraphernalia, man. it’s all about the ritual.

8 Likes

LiveLeak pulled. YouTube has it:

2 Likes

Depends where they are, but it looks like about two grams given how fat those lines are, which around here (coastal U.S.) could be $120-200.

1 Like

God didn’t do that! You did it! You’re a fucking narcotics agent, I knew it.

1 Like

Swallow, shelf, snort, shoot; they all work. Freud used to make up a cocaine solution and then apply it to his nostrils with a little paintbrush.

Healthwise, swallowing is likely safest. The slower the transition across the blood-brain barrier the better. OTOH, if you’re painting your gums rather than swallowing, the absorption rate is probably no different to snorting it.

For actual safest-possible cocaine use, you want to be chewing coca leaf rather than ingesting cocaine hydrochloride. A slow trickle release rather than a big sudden whack of addictiveness. Unfortunately, the leaves don’t retain potency well when transported.

3 Likes
12 Likes

Leave it to a bunch of coke-heads to shoot vertical video.

4 Likes

Yes, rubbing it on the gums has a numbing effect. Cocaine solution used to be part of a dentist’s toolkit in lieu of or in addition to novocaine.

5 Likes

If true, she’d be far from the first person to do so. There are Mayan carvings showing men believed to be priest-kings receiving enemas of what are presumed to have been psychoactive drugs (the carvings also illustrate the visions that the recipients were having under the influence of the drugs).

It seems that the required characteristics for a good application site are that it should (a) be ■■■■■, and (b) have a good blood supply. The mouth, nose, anus and vagina all qualify.

1 Like

I guess it is ill-advised to use a phone that way but, would it not leave incriminating residue?
I understand that an empty hashpipe used to be incriminating because of that.

1 Like

Pharmaceutical solution is still used for eye surgery.

1 Like

Rubbed on skin or mucous membranes, it still works AND has the added effect of being a topical anesthetic (causes numbness).

Yup, Novocaine is named not for its structural similarity to cocaine but because it was the new replacement for cocaine so dentist’s offices didn’t have to keep it around, though cocaine is still approved for use in people allergic to novocaine.

3 Likes