Pat Robertson says Putin’s war is part of his god’s plan for a massive End Times invasion of Israel

#TaxTheChurches - they want WWIII to validate their apocalyptic worldview
#NeverVoteRepublican - Putin’s Party

12 Likes

I’m confused—does Robertson’s version of God allow human beings to have free will or not?

19 Likes

“…he’s being compelled by God…”

To invade a country, kill thousands of civilians and commit war crimes? Wow, this “God” of yours is a serious a-hole, Pat. Don’t know why you keep wanting to be associated with the creep.

14 Likes

Robertson — whose looking more and more like David McCallum in “The Sixth Finger” episode of The Outer Limits

I think he looks more like Gary Oldman in that 1992 Dracula movie.

10 Likes

Wealth and power are the ultimate virtues, particularly when you use them to diminish the lives of the poor.

5 Likes

cwaa

18 Likes

the same reason the vicious war criminal henry kissinger is still living?

12 Likes

Dick Cheney is still “alive” even though his heart died decades ago (literally and metaphorically).

12 Likes

Whenever these types talk, I am reminded of a poem by Daniel Hoffman called In Humbleness. I love the first two lines

Neither malt nor Milton can
Explain to God the ways of man

6 Likes

That’s ok, he’s confused about it too. Apparently humans have free will except for when they don’t. I think it depends on if Pat wishes to praise an action that normally would be seen as bad in some way, such as killing thousands of civilians.

11 Likes

I wondered how long it would take!

After the USSR fell I saw all the ‘end times prophecy’ folks sadly, longingly give up on a war with Russia as the battle of Armageddon, switching over to anti-Catholicism and Islamophobia.

(“Chrislam!” the combination that NOBODY WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE INVOLVED IN shows any sign of wanting!)

I’ve been waiting for them to jump up and dance and sing a chorus of Gog 'n Magog are Back in Town.

4 Likes

Pharaoh was going to free the Israelites until god Jedi mind tricked him into keeping them enslaved, then used that as pretext for murdering a bunch of children. Of course just because that is in the book doesn’t meant that Christians have to get a murder-hard-on for god mind control genocide but if that is what gets you going (like Pat Robertson) you will find all the support you need.

7 Likes

Re: Why aren’t you dead yet?

He’s our zombie Palpatine…

13 Likes

Growing up in Orange County, California, this is the kind of thing I heard in my church all the time. I don’t understand how anybody can go through 91 years believing this way. I stopped and got away when I was about 18. And it’s still hard for me. There are lingering fears in my head whenever world events even obliquely parallel what my youth minister said was a sign of the end times.

10 Likes

The 700 Club will run forever, unless Disney (which owns Freeform, the Network where the 700 Club airs with disclaimers before and after the show) shutters the channel completely. When Robertson sold the Family Channel to NewsCorp there was a clause in the contract saying that the 700 Club will air twice a day no matter who owns the channel.

6 Likes

Deliberately subjecting people to PTSD fits into my definition of black magic.

All needed healing to you.

9 Likes

Yes and?
As I was born slightly after the 700 Club’s first airing in 1966, he’s been doing this longer than I’ve been alive.

5 Likes

Jesus that’s a lot of Jesus.

10 Likes

Death cult.

3 Likes

Fuck off Patty. You aren’t going to get your Holy Land sans Jews.

2 Likes