Pat Robertson's prophecy: Trump wins, civil unrest, world war, and an asteroid strike to end it all

Robertson is among the radical religious right leaders who promoted Trump to become the lead candidate in the GOP primary of 2015.

1 Like

I’m a bit unclear about the power of prophesy, but does this mean that a vote on Biden is going to make that asteroid miss?

7 Likes

The desire for apocalypse is so that everyone dies and goes to hell, but since you’re a believer who’s bringing about the sacred apocalypse, you’re saved and go to heaven.

It’s about as “Shit on you, hooray for me”, as you can get.

6 Likes

Crap. I’m still not over the rapture that occurred in 1982, the 2007 nuclear attack on the U.S., or Mitt Romney’s 8 years in office, and now this?

God seems to have a long record of giving Pat bad info. What might one suppose that means?

13 Likes

If the asteroid hits only Robertson, but slowly over a 2 week period, I’m in.

4 Likes

I’m confused as to whether this is supposed to drum-up support for Trump, or against him. Have I been living in a mirror universe too long, or not long enough?

4 Likes

God spoke to me yesterday and told me he’s been fucking with Pat for years and Pat never catches on.

How we laughed.

14 Likes

We really have to wait another 5 years for the asteriod to end it all? Worst timeline.

11 Likes

Clearly, by consistent omission, he’s given up on Jesus—except when it supports his cavalcade of Christian death cult declarations.

2 Likes

Ha I quick read that as “dum-up support”

I think it works better that way.

2 Likes

It’s amazing that with 5 years – and counting down – he still needs to grift the rubes.

1 Like

I imagine it to be something like this:

8 Likes

Fear helps to sell hope. Organized religions high ranks are more atheist than I am, but they’re good at lying to their audience fueling fears to later sell the cures. They have nothing to do with faith, they’re just really good salespeople.

4 Likes

It’s about as “Shit on you, hooray for me”, as you can get.

But Christianity and Islam both are very evangelical religions. They want to convert non-believers so they can go to heaven with them. Generally I don’t think they are as solipsistic as you describe.

1 Like

You will recognize them by their fruits.

And advertising is what America does very, very well. We’ve sold our public on the need for genocide, marching on our own people, racism and constant isolationism in the face of world crises. Nearly all of it has been complicit with comforting words of Christianity.

tenor (15)

2 Likes

When Pat gets to the pearly gates and St. Peter is all…
uhf nothing

3 Likes

There’s the desire for salvation, and there’s the desire for apocalypse. they are not the same thing. What you’re kindly describing, saving non-believers so they can all go to heaven together, is the desire for salvation.

Hang out with some hardcore, religious doomsday preppers (I have a few in my family, unfortunately), and you will see a void where empathy and salvation would normally exist. The desire for the end of days, for the end of the world to happen as quickly as possible, is the demented belief that you’ll be just fine and everyone else will get the royal fucking they deserve.

4 Likes