Pat Robertson's prophecy: Trump wins, civil unrest, world war, and an asteroid strike to end it all

Hate to say it, but his first prediction on a Trump win is easy to spin if Biden beats him. Pat can just claim that Trump was the legitimate winner, but the Dems stole it.

And, unfortunately, that scenario is an even more profitable vein to mine than a Trump victory (ref: 8 years of Obama). It’s nothing but winning for the doomsday grifters, all the way down.

2 Likes

I’m just disappointed there’ll be an opportunity for a second.

(Is that too close to being against the rules, here?)

One Evangelical that I know openly admits that this is the real rationale for their support of Israel. There’s no actual humane reason for doing so; Scripture says it’s a prerequisite for the Second Coming, so…

3 Likes

As someone who doesn’t watch much 700 Club, I wonder how many times the end of the world has been just around the corner for Pat Robertson? Was he like Jack Van Impe, who predicted doomsday on a weekly basis for 60 years?

3 Likes

I was with him right up until the asteroid part. When he said that, I was like…well…this guy’s obviously a nutcase. I’m outta here!

1 Like

What a shame. Still, he’s such a liar like trump, he maybe has been dead for years and just wont admit it. Sorry old asshole.

2 Likes

sooooo… this is somehow an effort to drum up support for trump? or for biden?

1 Like

If Trump is going to be re-elected, is there some way to speed up that asteroid impact? That would seem to be the easiest way out. BTW, in some jurisdictions, fortune telling is illegal. It would be good if every one of them would jump on this prophet ASAP.

2 Likes

When he finally dies, and his head decomposes into a skull, how will we be be able to tell the difference?

Deuteronomy 18:20 ESV / 547 helpful votes

But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’

6 Likes

I couldn’t be bothered to watch the video by this fraudster… does he mention if Lord Dampnut serves his full term?
If not, this would seem to imply that those two assassination attempts were just that; attempts
An action isn’t an ‘attempt’ if it succeeds, now, it it?

In any case, Pat is apparently still Hearing Voices. Or more likely, just making shit up, as usual.
Too bad so many people fall for this sort of thing.

I like the way you think @Brainspore; of course he will have some sort of b.s. explanation about how his prediction was wrong. Or maybe he will never mention it again.

1 Like

Yes…

1 Like

This is one of my favorite resources for this kind of absurdity. All you have to do is read through a few in the long list of predictions that all turned out to be wrong to get a good chuckle and recognize what you already knew - that these people are charlatans and/or crazy.

Oh, and look what we have here:

29 Apr 2007 | Pat Robertson | In his 1990 book The New Millennium, Robertson suggests this date as the day of Earth’s destruction.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is an original observation, but “the end of the world” is usually just a cipher for “the end of ME”. If you have problems with the idea that the world will go on after you’re dead, then it is comforting to fantasize that everyone else will also die at the same time.

You could go to town on the psychology of people who obsess over this line of thinking, and note that it’s not very Christian; but we already know people like Robertson are (1) not Christians and (2) enthusiastic assholes, so there’s no need to belabor the point.

4 Likes

I’m going to guess either shingles or mono. Although that was around the time he was shilling for the Nicaraguan Contras, so maybe he had something scarier going on.

2 Likes

It’s the Rapture they want to bring about, even though that is a thing invented by an Irish weirdo in the 19th century.
Like all those guys, he was so hard to get on with he had to move to America, where he managed to convince enough idiots it was true that people still think it is going to happen despite the Book of Revelations making no sense at all.

5 Likes

Image last used here:

2 Likes

That’s how it reads. And miss out on a lot of wars.

I just don’t get why people fall for this crap. Taking selective quotes out of book that has been written, translated through multiple languages and then been re-translated so many times to make some vague prophecy. None of it makes sense, it’s not like it says, there will be a President called Trump who will have two terms as President and things will then get even worse.

I think it’s more about punishment of people they don’t like. In Evangelical apocalypse stories, the “good” people always go to heaven.

TV plots largely reflect how people feel, and it’s catharsis, I think. I love Walking Dead largely because it makes me feel better about my own life. It’s a power fantasy for many as well, but for me it makes me more grateful for hot showers and ice cream.

This part really jumped out at me. Has the left ever attempted an assassination? This feels like projection to me because “it’s what they’d do”. Their solution is to shoot all the people they don’t like.

2 Likes