Paul Behrends, longtime aide to 'Putin’s Congressman' Dana Rohrabacher, dies suddenly of head injury

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/14/paul-behrends-longtime-aide-to-putins-congressman-dana-rohrabacher-dies-suddenly-of-head-injury.html

“Paul Behrends, who lost his job on the House Foreign Affairs subcommittee after links to Russia were reported, suffered a head injury close to his home on Friday night.”

6 Likes

Hopefully this is not one of those many cases of people Putin finds inconvenient “falling out of a window”… :-/

14 Likes

So he slipped on some sandpaper and hit his head on some baseball bats that someone had carelessly left out…

21 Likes

"And then he ran into my knife baseball bat
He ran into my knife baseball bat ten times

If you’d have been there
If you’d have seen it
I betcha you would have done the same!"

10 Likes

does someone need reminding of the reach of others?

4 Likes

Clean up in aisle Russia?

14 Likes

Next time someone asks why 220 congressional Republicans won’t acknowledge Biden’s victory…

20 Likes

There weren’t just a whole bunch of people who died falling out of windows after being inconvenient to Putin, there were also a number of deaths of people attributed to falls in their own homes. Over and over again, until they finally died - or at least those were the official verdicts, based on how they had injuries all over their bodies, when found in their homes… This was literally the official story - that people got drunk, slipped and fell in their homes, injuring themselves… and then got up did it again, repeatedly, until their injuries added up to something fatal.

16 Likes

“In another dimension,” he continued, “with voyeuristic intention, well secluded, I see all”

5 Likes

No lose ends

3 Likes

Waits for people to blame Clinton for it…

6 Likes
9 Likes

Man, Fox News is gonna be all the fuck over this one! Seth Who?, amirite?

8 Likes

Putin is a gangster who likes variety – “accidents”, poison, radioactive substances, etc. If he’s inclined to tie up loose ends then Americans may get to see his re-make of the end of The Godfather.

3 Likes

this description seems reminiscent of domestic violence cases.

(I suspect that I’m ill served by society believing that a “pattern” of accidents is best served by nosy busybodies regularly pushing into my “private life”, but not everyone has cerebral palsy)

1 Like

I looked at 3 stories on this trying to find out how old he is and if he had health problems that would make falling likely. Not one story mentioned it and he has no wikipedia page. Anyone have more info?

3 Likes

ЇS ШЇЍҬԐЯ. PЭФPLЄ SLЇP, ҒДLL, БЦSГ ӉԐДD. ЙФҐӉЇЍG ҐФ SЭЄ ЊЭЯЭ.

padding

9 Likes

This has unpleasant Seth Rich vibes to it, tbh.

1 Like

Seth Rich was a mid-level employee of the DNC with absolutely zero evidence of links to the leaked DNC e-mails. Behrends, in contrast, was a senior aide to a high-profile Putin-friendly Congressman who lost his job because of his own proven links to Russian operatives (Natalia Veselnitskaya and Rinat Akhmetshin). By Occam’s razor it’s likely an accident, but given the evidence of Behrends’ work in favour of a regime that sometimes kills those it finds inconvenient by staged “accidents” the speculation isn’t as entirely unwarranted as are the fantastical and evidence-free conspiracy theories surrounding Rich’s death.

18 Likes

No, it isn’t a 1:1 analogy to Seth Rich. But conspiracy by innuendo and plausible deniability (we’re not saying he was killed, buuuut) is no less distasteful to me. YMMV, but that’s how I look at it.

ETA: to be clear, I am more than open to changing my opinion on this if there is any evidence whatsoever of foul play. Is there?

1 Like