PBS warns of "inflammatory rhetoric" that could cause "acts of violence" during Donald Trump on-air rant

Originally published at: PBS warns of "inflammatory rhetoric" that could cause "acts of violence" during on-air Donald Trump rant | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Spicy Food Friendship Day GIF by BuzzFeed

20 Likes

Better late than never, I guess…

22 Likes

He needs a “toxic rhetoric” warning label tattooed on his forehead, Snow Crash style.

25 Likes

inglorious basterds GIF

16 Likes

No, it needs say: “THIS MAN IS LYING. HE’S A LIAR AND A LOSER.”

16 Likes

“I will totally obliterate the deep state,” he continued. “We will obliterate the deep state,”

Frighteningly easy to replace the phrase “deep state” with “democracy”

15 Likes

That’s the secret…the “Deep State” IS democracy, democratic ideals, and honoring oaths made to/on the Constitution, etc etc etc. You know, like those people who reported the vote counts as they occurred, rather than “find 11,780 votes.”

23 Likes

15 Likes

Why not a policy that cuts him off the air after his first caught lie. Why even let him on at all come to think of it His whole life has been a lie and he’s too deranged to let loose. The nations rights override his wrongs.

10 Likes

what i don’t get is - if they acknowledge that fact - why did they still broadcast the whole thing? :confused:

14 Likes

Dude better learn how to make a shiv.

7 Likes

Funny, I don’t think I’d ever even heard the phrase “Deep State” until Donald Trump came into power the first time and Republicans subsequently needed an explanation for why he wasn’t able to deliver on any of his campaign promises.

14 Likes

and we will get reelected, we have no choice, we’re not going to have a country anymore

Reading it only as transcribed, not as intended, he’s admitting that his forced reelection would be the end of the country.

7 Likes

The problem is that I completely ignore chyrons. They’re usually just a distraction from what I’m watching. I’m sure that’s true for a lot of people. They should put important chyrons like this one in the center of the screen, over the face of whoever’s talking.

8 Likes

Statistics show people usually get hurt by their own weapons.

Sad.

8 Likes

It’s a risk I’m willing to take.

12 Likes

He’ll misunderstand Shop Class, seeing as he’s never managed to buy class all his life.

16 Likes

I think there’s enough forehead space beneath his ridiculous hair awning for BOTH.

4 Likes

Meanwhile, the malicious media clown car that is Fox ‘News’ was running a chyron over Biden’s address from the White House…

4 Likes