Pedantic Digressions

• I sulk.
1 Like

this is dialogue from the movie, not a real quote

Mahatma Gandhi - Wikiquote

5 Likes

Although the poison contained therein was accurate (read: lethal).

You don’t say!

And here I’ve been thinking that they all died instead from autosuggestion.

(IOW, thanks for explaining the obvious? :woman_shrugging: )

1 Like

:arrow_up: Pedantic Digression

Tough morning?

1 Like

Exactly.

Sorry, it was indeed too early for pedantry.

1 Like

No problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

this post is a test

ignore it

2 Likes

No capital letters or periods?! :face_with_monocle: :wink:

3 Likes

Will we ever discover if you have passed this test or failed it, or even whether any of us were intended to be involved at all?

4 Likes

Now I remember that recurrent test-anxiety nightmare I had as a teenager.

Class, this test is 80% of your final grade! But it’s not all that important. This test is 80% of your final grade! But it’s not all that important. :scream:

4 Likes
1 Like

offtopic

2 Likes

Regarding @smulder’s “this is a test” post above, I think I understand why that was flagged… but please keep in mind we are in the Pedantic Digressions thread under the category “games”. If you’d asked me an hour ago if a post like that should be flagged and deleted I would have said yes. If you’d asked me if I could think of a circumstance where it shouldn’t I’d have said no. But it turns out context is everything.

2 Likes

25 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

6 Likes

It was, of course, an homage to, perhaps even an unauthorized remake of, an earlier film

This is not unusual in science fiction—Dune was largely based on Lawrence of Arabia, for instance

3 Likes

Of course, there’s High Noon remade as Outland and who can forget Khan chasing that great white whale Shatner in Moby Dick: This Time It’s in Space.

It works the other way too, as the cult sci fi comedy Zardoz was eventually remade as the serious political thriller Borat Subsequent Moviefilm.

9 Likes