Pelosi says House to begin 'official impeachment inquiry' on Donald Trump

They never even saw the transcript of the call.

And you know what an impeachment investigation might find out?

13 Likes

Since we’re obviously going to have a whole season of this, I’d love to point out for anybody wanting to talk about the Senate, and their co-operation or lack of same:

Clinton’s articles of impeachment passed the House, and he was acquitted of the charges in the Senate.

1. Ask anyone that doesn’t like Clinton whether he was impeached or not.

2. Then ask any career Democrat whether the impeachment process had any deleterious effect on Clinton’s time in office.

It doesn’t matter what happens in the Senate, until it hits the Senate, and it will most likely uncover other things that Trump’s been doing these last couple years, no matter what happens ultimately.

If articles pass the House, he will be just as impeached as Clinton was, and more than Nixon.

22 Likes

what’s THIS all about!?

13 Likes
11 Likes

A law-talking guy! So, is [current occupant of the White House] in the process of being impeached? Is it right to say impeachment proceedings are being undertaken against him?

2 Likes

Its a non-binding resolution with no enforcement mechanism and only requests that its released to the intel commitees which aren’t public. This way the senate repubs can say they aren’t impeding without actually doing anything. McConnell being a skilled politician (not a decent human being)

8 Likes

I’m sure everyone who’s spent the last 3 years arguing that this will play right into Trump’s hands and not make him look like a mewling shitweasel is very pleased with themselves today.

15 Likes

This is the best one ever!!!

1 Like

“(Deleted tweet saying McConnell sounded like he was going to object. He did not, in the end, object)”

Yeah, I’m calling BS.

His statement about Pelosi’s announcment says it all:

Mitch is the enemy.

Trouble with his statement is that trump isn’t making life better for anybody but himself, his family and the 1%. Let’s see if anybody else realizes that.

22 Likes

Dan Rather did a News and Guts live thing on facebook today and he referred to the whistleblower as a “she”. was that a mistake on his part or has some info on their identity leaked??

7 Likes

I was wondering that myself. I would love for a woman to take this motherfucker down.

20 Likes

my “fox news” relatives on facebook have already been posting memes saying that the democrats are projecting their corruption onto trump. a generally conservative individual responded to one of my cousin’s facebook posts with questions about how troubling the whole ukraine thing was and my cousin came back saying this was all just trickery and to remember how they tried to personally destroy that fine man kavanaugh.

15 Likes

Earlier today I saw news that Trump said he would release the unredacted transcript … so I’m not sure what the timing is on this (non-binding) Senate resolution, but it seems like a bunch of noise.

4 Likes

Pelosi has finally determined that there’s enough concrete stuff out there that impeachment won’t hurt the party’s chances of retaking the House next year. Today’s announcement is entirely consistent with what she’s been saying for months, and only a surprise to those who have been assuming she’s a closet Republican.

Of course, while trying Trump for his criminal activities is the right thing to do, it won’t solve anything. The only way to save the country is to keep the House, take the Senate, and win the Presidency. If the Democrats only hold two of the three, at best they can keep things from getting worse, but they probably won’t have enough power to undo much of the damage of the last few years.

6 Likes

Sure to be a tortured argument.

11 Likes

“It could hurt the presidency”

Like Trump hasn’t done enough of this on his own.

32 Likes

Bullshit equivalence.

US Presidents really shouldn’t extort other countries for personal gain. That’s not foreign policy it’s behavior used by organized criminals.

The NYTimes opinion column can suck it.

34 Likes

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy stating: “It’s time to put the public before politics.”

Great to hear you’re on board with the impeachment thing, Kevin!

17 Likes

It’s an attempt at regulatory capture, and damage control.

If a Republican Senate says they’re investigating, they can soft-pedal and control the release of findings.

Imagine a Mississippi Governor about to be under investigation by the FBI, suddenly being a part of an investigation by a friendly local Sheriff.

14 Likes

In case you didn’t click through (and I wouldn’t blame you for withholding your traffic), this particular piece of “opinion” was authored by none other than John Woo, so really it’s not a

so much as one that is actively undergoing enhanced interrogation.

32 Likes