Pelosi warns Trump: resign "immediately" or House will impeach you

But they need 2/3 of the Senate to convict his massive seditious arse.

Of course. But unlike last time, Dems would decide what evidence gets heard and how it proceeds.

5 Likes

If impeachment happens and Republicans fail to convict, their votes will look particularly damaging if the inauguration, less than two weeks later, is followed immediately by evidence-based high-profile arrests involving federal crimes against America.

9 Likes

I think there are enough people in the chain of command between him and the actual launch of a nuke (not like he can operate the device himself) that someone would step in, even if it would mean a court martial.

3 Likes

Why THE FUCK would she wait for him to ‘do the right thing’ after all this??!

2 Likes

This is all fantasy talk anyway. There’s literally zero chance the McConnell wouldn’t just run the clock out.

The only thing that would come out of this would be that his legacy will be “twice impeached”, which is not nothing. Technically it would be his third impeachment since the first time they got him on both counts.

3 Likes

Go for it. First and only president to be impeached twice will be a fun trivia fact.

Maybe the Senate will find their balls/guts and do the right thing. His demagoguery is going to continue to damage the party.

4 Likes

Fuck it, impeach him regardless, and if he does resign, just turn it into a criminal trial.

9 Likes

That I can see having some longer term utility.

10 Likes

Impeachment is a political process after all.

5 Likes

Even if he isn’t convicted he’d still go down in history as the first President to be impeached twice. And those who refused to convict would be forever associated with him.

13 Likes

Impeachment process post-inauguration being discussed…

"On a conference call with Democrats, House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff discussed what would happen with the Senate impeachment trial if the House impeaches President Trump, according to multiple sources on the call.

Since Republicans are unlikely to hold a trial before Jan. 20, Senate Democrats would be able to hold a trial after Jan. 20 once they officially take the majority.

That could be awkward for the Biden administration as the new President tries to unite the country and focus on the Covid-19 pandemic.

Also, Schiff noted a Senate trial after Trump leaves would present a messaging challenge since they are arguing now he is an imminent threat to the republic. But Schiff argued it would still be valid as a constitutional act and convicting Trump after leaving office would be important to prevent him from running again, they said. "

Would it be ok just to tie him up with lamp cord until then?

9 Likes

Sounds like somebody doesn’t want to get called in to work this weekend.

8 Likes

Screw that. Trial or not, the country isn’t going to be united. Schiff is absolutely correct.

14 Likes

Again:

33 Likes

I found out there’s a Judge Beavis in Pennsylvania, appointed by Trump (of course) that actually rejected Trump’s election lawsuits. I heard this listening to Bob Casey’s wonderful speach. Im an aethist, but bless him.

I kept imagining Beavis from Beavis & Butthead in an old timey powdered wig like a brittish judge shouting down Trump while Casey was explaining this, and I couldn’t stop laughing

9 Likes

Are you threatening me?

1 Like

67? That’s so close to not being surprising. The GOP would have to be certifiably mentally unhinged to not now (as if it hadn’t before) notice Trump’s level of radioactivity rising to “lethal”. Impeachment and conviction would make 2024 so much easier as far as getting one of their own into the WH and returning to a manageable state of traditional corruption and larceny.

3 Likes

Typical. “I’m not going to the party that nobody invited me to attend (or the one where they canceled my invitation.” The Secret Service will keep their eyes on him. Still think his travel credentials should be revoked while he’s under investigation.

14 Likes

Given that the 50 Democratic senators will not be seated until January 20th or later, can they impeach him after he’s left office? Or, more precisely, can vote to stop him from ever running again after he’s left?