Pence laywers up

11 Likes

The goal isn’t to win cases. It’s not to have charges in the first place.

Tom DeLay retained Cullen to represent him in a federal investigation of campaign finance crimes, but not in a companion Texas state investigation.

DeLay was investigated by the Feds for six years but never charged. He went to prison for state crimes, but Cullen didn’t handle that investigation. Local lawyers did.

Pence, unlike Trump, hired a lawyer who is very, very good at this specific area of law. I suspect he’ll come out of this looking good no matter what happens to his boss.

12 Likes

Well that’s on the menu either way

8 Likes

Itsa justa family

8 Likes

Thanks for the information.

2 Likes

Of course, and he knows that, which is why he’s actually “laywering”, just ask @jlw
:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

The “Covfefe Defense”.

5 Likes

Actually, it isn’t in line with what Trump has done in hiring Kasowitz, because Kasowitz isn’t a criminal defense lawyer, he’s a litigation and bankruptcy lawyer. He’s in over his head. Of course, Trump thinks being unqualified is the best qualification, himself being the prime example. Pence’s lawyer, on the other hand, knows what he’s doing.

4 Likes

“So glad you’re enjoying yourself!”

6 Likes

He has recently put “Covfefe, Bigly, & Uge” on retainer. “They’re the greatest law firm ever” said a longtime Trump sockpuppet.

5 Likes

Look if your’e going to bash relegion at least get it right. The bible would be HISTORICAL fiction friendo.

7 Likes

Adapted from some tweets I just tweeted:

I hope to hell there’s a bunch of experienced D.C. insiders who are drawing up plans for what amounts to be a replacement government.

Competent staff for the WH, State Department, and Justice Department to fill the positions that Trump couldn’t find people for, or. were staffed by fools and cronies.

As soon as Trump is gone, they sit Pence (or whoever) down and let him know he’s being given…
one chance not to be the lamest duck in history, and maybe get credit for returning some normality to the office and dignity to the country.

7 Likes

Yep. In a sense they are hedging their bets. If it all goes away, “he’s our boy, why do the democrats hate Trump and America so much??!!”
If it all goes to shit, “Trump? Never trusted the guy, seemed crazy. But, you know, will of the people and all that. Hey, how about some Ryancare?”

11 Likes

The Covfefe Maru strategery

14 Likes

I think the technical term is “supernatural horror.”

15 Likes

I would not say preemptively pardoning Nixon after he resigned was “doing the right thing”, and the House and Senate were most likely not as bad as they could have been if they hadn’t held hearings. Remember, that’s about as far as it went in Congress, just hearings and preparations for impeachment.

As far as the 1976 elections are concerned, well, I am of the opinion that Carter would have won against Ford, Watergate or no. Ford was a joke.

3 Likes

Pence, however, should be getting less biased advice.
These clowns are not even in the same class as Messrs. Sue, Grabbit and Runne surely, and they’re just civil* lawyers?
For criminal cases you need the fine firm of Backhander, Jurynobbler, Judgeson and associates. Long established firm with branches in Sicily, Chicago and New York. Accidents arranged.

*A civil lawyer is one who writes polite letters demanding all your money.

2 Likes

Only the guilty have anything to fear…

As a Northener, I have always employed the services of Haddaway and Shite.

3 Likes

Different legal system in Scotland, of course. It was a Scots lawyer who organised the Glencoe massacre.

2 Likes