Pence says we must "restore confidence in equal treatment under the law in this country" by not indicting Trump

Originally published at: Pence says we must "restore confidence in equal treatment under the law in this country" by not indicting Trump | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Pence can fuck off.

28 Likes

Indicting Trump will cause further division by not catering to the minority in the country who thinks he should get away with it.

Not indicting Trump will unite the country by telling the majority of Americans who do think he should be indicted that he is, in fact, above the law.

That about right?

26 Likes

Pence went on to say, “Peace is war, black is white, and up is down”.

19 Likes

“All Presidents are above the law and deserve equal treatment… unless they’re a Democrat.” – Mike Pence, probbly

15 Likes

The best thing about Pence is that nothing he says matters in the slightest. He’s universally hated by virtually everyone on the political spectrum, and while he’s obviously too dumb and narcissistic to know this, I suspect someone has a scheme to make money by backing his candidacy.

13 Likes

it is amazing that he can even stand upright. there may have been greater snivelling double-talkers who have served as VP, but pence surely has to be near the top. he doesn’t even remember what position he takes from day to day.

9 Likes

There’s a reason that everyone hates him. Even mother.

18 Likes

I think it’s just not possible to be more wrong.

9 Likes

2a59pa

11 Likes

14 Likes

Also too, as someone that aspires to being President, he would like to uphold the precedent of Presidents being above the law.*

*Democrats excluded, of course.

11 Likes

Thank God Comedy GIF by CBC

8 Likes

Oh, the guy the angry mob wanted to hang now wants the angry mob to vote for him? Wonder how that’ll work out.

Also, you can bet Pence is perfectly OK with Biden being indicted, if any of the baseless fantasies the GOP promotes were true. CNN should have asked him about that, it would give him a whole new way to squirm.

11 Likes
13 Likes

A friend of mine grew up in an ultra-fundamentalist religious household. Fire and brimstone, all of that. He tells me that a very real, stark, horrible memory was coming home from school one day and his parents weren’t home. They always were home when he got back from school. He absolutely panicked, because he thought they’d been raptured and he’d been left behind. He talks about the stark terror he had from that. He’s still a Christian, in a different denomination, but that incident was one of the first points of “chipping away” that caused him to leave that church.

13 Likes

Pence is so close to being the perfect Republican politician. One step further and it’s Both Side-ism taken to its illogical end: Every crime committed by a Republican is negated by a crime committed by a Democrat.
Of course, the laws are written by the minority Republicans so many more Democrats will be imprisoned and no Republicans will go to prison.
Balance is restored! Strike up the band! Light the tiki torches in celebration! /s

Welcome to my childhood. I used to stand out side and watch the highway anticipating my mom coming over the hill. I also used to wake up every morning and say “This is the day Jesus returns!” Not because I wanted him to, but because the Bible says “no man shall know the day or hour of my return.” and I thought I could game the system.

So along those lines; Fuck Pat Robertson and all men like Pence who bear false witness. I never believed, but when I saw that Robertson finally died it did make me wish that eternal damnation was real for a minute.

23 Likes

I’m so sorry you had to go through that. My friend came out pretty strong. He married the woman he’d been “paired” with as an infant, but that has been a loving, enduring relationship. They had a second wedding at their 30th anniversary, with dancing and wine–though his and her parents left when the wine came out and the dancing began. I think him taking a doctorate in religious studies probably helped his outlook. I hope your scars have healed, or at least faded a bit.

18 Likes

The Stockholm Syndrome is very strong with this one. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes