Pentagon halts Trump military parade after news report shows 666% cost jump

666 percent, Jared bought into 666 5th Avenue… Coinky-dink? Yeah no.

4 Likes

I’m willing to bet the military folks involved in this kept escalating “necessary” costs till Trump balked. Military brass are really good at padding budgets and running up estimates. And significantly our military. Especially the leadership. Do not want this. My military family. Even the crazy right wing ones. Were incensed at the idea.

13 Likes

But I was looking forward to seeing the unveiling of the new Space Force cadets and their lazer blasters. :frowning_face:

16 Likes

Bleh, look at those wispy crisped strands of “hair”.

And the rest, of course.

1 Like

Defense department accountants

More true and less nefarious than you might suspect. Moving money around in the DoD is astounding difficult. You may not like the cost, or the end effect, but respect the care with which the accounts are kept.

4 Likes

Indeed. The DoD is the very model of modern fiscal sanity.

9 Likes

The other guy’s expression is priceless.
But there was money for

4 Likes

So technically it just got a deferment?

15 Likes

I hadn’t heard about this in a while. I assumed it had just been quietly swept under the rug in the face of more pressing matters.

Isn’t 92 = 12*7.66 ? I can’t deny it makes for a snappy headline, though. No doubt a gaggle of bureaucrats have already earned a few weeks’ pay arriving at that figure. (“Did you say 92.4 million? Do you suppose we could round that down? Why? Oh, no reason…”)

1 Like

Bizarre how “fiscal responsibility” never ever applies to matters military in general. Or, really, for anything they want.

Funny how the conspiracy-minded religious nuts have, what would normally be for them, red flags waving in their faces but just ignore them…

Reading about the F-35 is an exercise in schadenfreude. 1.5 trillion dollars for a plane that’s supposed to satisfy a bunch of contradictory requirements but actually doesn’t fulfill any of them. But that’s okay, because some of the things it’s required to do haven’t been relevant in warfare for decades, so the fact that it can’t do them isn’t so bad…

I don’t think those bone spurs are going away, though.

Or 12*6.66 +12. (I.e. increased by 666%, rather than being 666% of the previous total.) It’s fudging either way, no doubt.

8 Likes

You know … that photo …

One day there is going to be a CVN-82 Donald J. Trump.

3 Likes

The increased costs are just estimating the direct Trump Family Rake Off.

5 Likes

The guy likes to act tough, but I here he is actually a complete putsch over.

4 Likes

CVN-82 Donald J. Trump

Flames not shown…

14 Likes

Well, the HAV 304 was originally built for the US Army’s LEMV programme; they might revive it.
It’s yuuuge and looks like a flying pair of buttocks - perfect!

air6

6 Likes

I can’t help hearing that sung to the tune of “I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General”.

Also:
6 Likes

“I’m doing my part!”

6 Likes

9 Likes

Aren’t tanks, humvees and jets basically corporate sponsorship anyway? In that the government is paying huge amounts of money for them.
Plus the manufacturers are already ahead of you:

6 Likes

Billions
Above
Estimate

4 Likes