Pentagon halts Trump military parade after news report shows 666% cost jump

Someone else’s money that he scammed them out of.

3 Likes

In a way, I’m disappointed. I think it would be neat to see a parade of the modern United States military. At age 40 I’m still fascinated by Army stuff. Tanks are neat, if you pretend like they’re not designed for killing and maiming of human beings.

But…as a taxpayer I don’t want to pay for Trump’s pageant. And I don’t want to celebrate or encourage our violence-obsessed society. And I don’t want to add yet another hassle to the lives of our women and men in uniform.

7 Likes

Phil Mendelson, Chairman of the DC Council tweets:

3 Likes

Don’t various branches already do stuff like air shows? I remember a war widow friend of the family taking me to a couple of Blue Angels exhibitions when I was a kid.

3 Likes

If Trump wants to commit to being the Lex Luthor billionaire supervillian president, he should probably volunteer to write a personal check to cover the costs. Honestly, it would probably be a pretty brilliant campaign move to pretend he’s the only one willing to actually honor these troops.

2 Likes

This is a guy who doesn’t even pay builders for his own properties on time or in full. He’s a cheap swindling bastard.

So far the only contractor he is known to have paid in full and in a timely manner for services rendered is Stormy Daniels.

14 Likes

Yes, they do. We went to one at Cherry Point a while back, and it was actually a lot of fun. The kids and I got to tour several different planes, and look at a bunch more up close. Also, we got sprayed with a fire hose, which you normally only get to experience if you riot. There were a bunch of stunt pilots performing, historic aircraft flying around, and they did a combined arms demonstration with simulated explosions. Pretty neat.

I’ve only seen this guy on the internet, but he does fly at air shows. Would be pretty neat to see.

5 Likes

Pretty sure there are bush pilots in Alaska who do those kinds of maneuvers with high winds and landing on small clearings on mountains.

1 Like

burn-meme

10 Likes

That gif is magnificent sir

2 Likes

Fall back and punt. With luck, in 2019, this “problem” will have entered the rear view mirror, one way or another.

And all the heads will be gold.

Plus, since you won’t have to fumble with your ID card, it’ll save time when checking out at the grocery store.

Hey! Isn’t this orange guy rich or something? Why doesn’t he decide to pay for his own damned parade? (I know many reasons, it’s just fun to say)

This is always what happens when I write my comments while scrolling through the rest of the comments.

That said, would you take a personal check from that guy?

4 Likes

Besides “The Trump Administration”?

1 Like
3 Likes

I believe you meant:

“Never been near a university,
Never took a paper or a learned degree,
And some of your friends think that’s stupid of me,
But it’s nothing that I care about.”

2 Likes

The boingboing photoshop of Trump for this article looks kind of like it has the eye stalks of a snail infected with that one “zombie” parasite.

1 Like

What he needs are hypnotoad eyes, considering… everything.

Image result for hypnotoad gif

3 Likes

Queen for a Day

2 Likes
5 Likes

Just put him in a bad wig and paint him orange.

2 Likes