Personal valet of Donald Trump tests positive for coronavirus

In the hypothetical case of one or more presidential candidates snuffing it before January, what happens? It seems like there are four periods where the answers might be different:

• Before the party conventions.
  • After the conventions, before the election.
  • Between the election and the Electoral College.
  • After the Electoral College, it’s locked in: The VP Elect becomes the President.

Like Kingmaker, is this a good time to scoop up some unprotected heirs? (Keep in mind that if you have a Democratic and Republican heir, you have to kill one at the end of the turn. See special Bloomberg rule.)

3 Likes

Still, the White House has not enforced strict social distancing guidelines for staffers and few people inside the building wear masks during the day, including valets.

1 Like

Proof positive that there are few better-evolved parasites than the Trump clan.

4 Likes

3add7a10f7c51b2e21517d4eced83b8b

2 Likes

At this point I can’t imagine anybody with a good conscience actually working at the white house these days.

After I read this whole series several years ago, my drink of choice for quite a while was a brandy and soda. Or as Bertie put it, time for the old B and S.

3 Likes

I can offer tots and pears though.

4 Likes

As it happens I read the answer to this a few minutes ago at: https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/one-of-trump-s-personal-valets-has-tested-positive-for-coronavirus-1.4929055

“The White House is continuing to use the rapid Abbott Labs test, which provide results in about 15 minutes. Several officials who have received the test said it’s often administered in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, next door to the West Wing on the White House grounds. A medical official swabs the staffer’s nostrils and informs them that they’ll be notified within the next several minutes if it’s positive.”

2 Likes

The Valet has to have sex with Trump and try to get Trump pregnant???

This timeline is worse than I thought.

5 Likes

Only in the nose. Pleasant dreams!

6 Likes

Is it possible Trump already had Covid-19 and they’re covering it up? And that’s why he refuses to wear a mask, because he knows he’s immune, but he has to make up some other reason?

1 Like

honestly i blame CNN for this guy’s popularity. If they stop trying to hit him hard, he would have been relatively unknown in the 2016 election… phooey

1 Like

But no, they had to make it a horse race. Bastards…

1 Like

thirty or forty years ago, our house rules were based around the “To play the King Variant,” which essentially ditches the whole “power behind the throne” conceit. Also, there were post Beaufort succession rules-- I think the Pole family played a role

I take it you mean not just based on the level of physical discomfort. I’ll bet he imagines there are fact-armed liberals hiding under his bed, ready to pounce. It’s hard for me to imagine that he wouldn’t — justifiably or not — feel some trepidation while a member of the ill-supplied, overworked, besieged, 24/7 at-risk, health care community comes at him with swabs, and not wonder, “that swab’s been 'rona’ed!!”

1 Like

:musical_note: Promises, promises! :musical_note:

1 Like

Yeeeugh! God knows what’ll be on that swab when it comes out!

6 Likes

Up until this very moment, I’d never considered the idea of contaminated swabs. I’ll try to not to, now, or to spread the idea.

1 Like
10 Likes