Pet owner believes globally notorious thief-cat enjoys the attention

Originally published at: Pet owner believes globally notorious thief-cat enjoys the attention | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I read an article on this yesterday, the cat apparently started off by bringing dead birds and animals. The owner started giving the cat positive attention when it brought non-animal related gifts so the cat was unwittingly incentivized to steal stuff, still call it a win if its going to leave the local fauna alone.

10 Likes

23 Likes

Heh- one of mine has had a (bad) habit of not putting their butt down when they pee, and for a while was actively peeing over the sides of even a high wall litterbox. they’ve settled down at least, but they still pee on the side of the litterbox instead of down into the litter.

my furry kids…

9 Likes

16 Likes

Cute - but, uh, keep your cat indoors. I wonder how many dead birds and snakes it has brought home as well.

4 Likes

Cat-Burglar

6 Likes

giphy
“Klepto Kitty” is a great chyron, although “Klepto Kitteh” might have been even better.

8 Likes

I have a high-pee cat as well. Solved that by getting a well-designed box with a lid (gotta watch those seams! This one works nicely. Then I leave the hatch flipped open to avoid issue #2: thinking (shitting) outside the box. My picky-ass cat has a very thin margin of ‘shit it will put up with’ and a fully enclosed box and/or marginally used box is TOO FAR.

The other day he ran in there, peed enthusiastically against the inner box wall, jumped out and made a vague ‘cover it up’ paw motion in the middle of the bathroom floor, then victory lapped around the house. Thanks, cat!

3 Likes

I posted a thread about a similar cat five years ago. here’s her haul:

6 Likes

The style of the men’s underwear seems to indicate one particular victim.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.