PewDiePie fan unleashes ransomware that encrypts hard drives until he gets 100M subscribers

I fear we are rapidly heading towards this point.

5 Likes

Aside from the whole subscribe to pewdiepie thing. I think it’s meant as a deflection for bad behavior. Much like the whole edgelord early 2000s ‘ironic’ racism/fascism thing. It’s a way of coding something to seem absurd or devoid of sincerity when in fact the perpetrators are wholly sincere in whatever anti-social or fascist sentiments they’re admitting to. It’s really pathetic in my opinion that they try this kind of deflection cause they assume anyone over 30 isn’t going to “get it” cause they’re “the olds, lawl” or some crap like that.

7 Likes

The edgelords’ mamas were right when they warned their shitty brats their faces would freeze like that if they kept making that face. Pretend to be a Nazi for attention long enough…,

15 Likes

snl-stefon-laughs

10 Likes

Jesus fucking wept.

11 Likes
9 Likes

I see that I need to re-post this thread:

Especially the part about

15 Likes

And this quote…

13 Likes

Let’s have some fun - I hope folks jump in a complete the punchline

Pewdie and Goerbels walk into a bar,

The bartender says:

5 Likes

Nothing. He just points at the sign above the bar:

16 Likes

Or.
The bartender says:

Hey Goerbels - you slumming again?

6 Likes

Sartre, writing in 1945

17 Likes

Yeah I used to follow William Osman’s videos-- interesting projects making things-- until he started talking reverently about this Pew idiot, and the videos got dumber and dumber, and I had to unsub. He wasn’t hiding his desire to ride coattails, and I generally like when YouTubers do projects together (eg. This Old Tony remaking Alex/French Guy Cooking’s pasta machine), but Osman’s pandering to idiots… [shiver]

6 Likes

Interesting metaphor. I would go with something more along the lines of assembling a nuclear fission reactor but badly underestimating the size and quantity of control rods necessary…

2 Likes

Got just the stick for this task, known in Chinese legend as Ruyi Jingu Bang :

3 Likes
3 Likes

“No one who speaks German could be an evil man!”

2 Likes

Would have gone with this clip, myself, but that’s mostly 'cos I didn’t know there were any clips of “Monkey Magic” in English…

2 Likes

There are a few full episodes on Youtube… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

These people are not fans of PewDiePie, they are fans of the “subscribe to PewDiePie” meme.