Philadelphia: Armed Qanon supporters arrested near vote counting site

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/06/philadelphia-armed-qanon-supporters-arrested-near-vote-counting-site.html

5 Likes

I’m wondering what their cunning plan was.

10 Likes

It just goes to show: the parking enforcement officers still rule the roost.

23 Likes

I’d usually chalk this kind of willful stupidity up to White privilege but the surnames of the perps sound non-White, and anybody of any color can be an idiotic asshole with delusions of grandeur.

16 Likes

FBI in VA notifies Philly cops, so the QAnon supporters were on the radar and being watched. Given that; how they were armed; and their assumed target, it seems these guys were on a very special singular mission. (Don’t these counting sites have security people in place?)

11 Likes

And a Hummer! How incredibly on-brand.

21 Likes

I think they’re very likely white. Macias is a Spanish surname while La Motta is southern Italian.

3 Likes

Sure… La Motta looks real “Anglo” in this FB pic:

16 Likes

Via:

21 Likes

Cool last name, somewhat confusing for a police commissioner, though.

11 Likes

Here’s the other perp, Joshua Macias:

7 Likes

Outlaw’s Portland’s former police chief. Her reign was basically overshadowed by numerous members of her force being connected to white supremecists and neonazis, and colloborating with the Proud Boys. She left before investigations started going deep into how far up it went.

13 Likes

Damn it - isn’t there anything minorities won’t steal from us beleaguered white people?

edit /s - just in case because these days - sadly I feel like there is some portion of the country that just can’t.

16 Likes

I actually chuckled aloud at that; snark well served.

Sadly, it isn’t just bigoted White folks who have gone all in on the crazy, and then doubled down.

There seem to be a fair amount of Self-Hating Rich Negroes who have eagerly jumped on that train, not to mention other POC who should know better…

21 Likes

“If you need real security, don’t pick from the sheeple,” the description reads. “Get someone who can see the wolves a mile away.”

Well, LaMotta…how’s that working for ya?

7 Likes

So they’re both Army veterans. Let’s see how quick their legal defense makes up a PTSD case to paint them as poor victims.

2 Likes

Outlaw seems apropos to me. Cops always seem to be Outside the law whenever they murder people.

7 Likes

We’ll be seeing a lot more of this, I’m sure. With Trump not conceding, it’ll give his supporters months to desperately choose arbitrary targets whose absence they think will help keep their dear leader in power. Trump will likely be spending much of the rest of his time in office pointing fingers at “enemies,” giving them a lot of ideas for targets. When Trump’s out of office, even if he’s not still egging them on (which I think he will be) I think we can expect a general increase in random, right-wing/Qanon terrorism.

15 Likes

…Philadelphia Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw…

Outlaw? Are you kidding?

4 Likes

Speaking of surnames, how awesome is it that the police commissioner is named “Outlaw?”

4 Likes