Photo: Coronavirus task force takes decisive action at White House

The BoingBoing commenters’ gif game is on point today.

1 Like

Honestly surprised these folks allow Catholics in their midst, they seem like the “Catholics aren’t real Christians” types.

4 Likes

One more point, AFAIK, Alex Azar is still the Chairman of the task force. While he definitely has questionable involvement in the whole “corporations too close to government issue”, he is qualified for the job. He has experience with the Anthrax scare, readying a small pox vaccine, as well as SARS and flu vaccines. He is still in a position to dictate policy and direct resources as needed and has, IMO, a level head about it.

This smacks of any group project in school, where the cool kids are fucking around while the nerds do must of the work, and everyone still ends up with an A because there are enough competent people working on it.

I hope I am right. :confused:

I hope I don’t pay $5000 for a vaccine.

4 Likes

Stirring Alan Rickman has been the spirit animal I never knew I had for the entire Trump administration.

4 Likes

I was half expecting the ‘table flip’ version of that gif…

2 Likes

Damned necromancers.

That’s a good description of the administration, except all the nerds have quit or been fired.

6 Likes

They are exceedingly trying.

If it weren’t so scary it really could be Carry On Praying, with Sid James as Pence and Bernard Bresslaw as Trump. God knows what role Kenneth Williams might have.

4 Likes

om gam gana pataye namaha

om tare tuttare ture svaha

Plus there’s a distinct lack of pastafarians in this administration I suspect…

4 Likes

“American attorney, politician, pharmaceutical lobbyist, and former drug company executive”
– Wikipedia

Yeah, that fills me with confidence.

And getting smallpox eradicated in 1977, when he was 10 years old.

“We have the finest public health system in the world”

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Which we strive at all costs to keep the public from accessing.

7 Likes

He’s already infected! SHOOT HIM! SHOOT HIM!

6 Likes

Om gang guinea pate Omaha
Uhm, tart tuperware tour hahaha

1 Like

lindsey graham?

2 Likes

I’d’ve thought it was the brimstone he smelled.

1 Like

Same where I grew up, a small Alberta city that had very high rates of religious schooling, and perhaps not coincidentally the very highest rate of teen pregnancy in the country for several years running.

About half of my grade 9 class did not participate in the sex ed class part of the curriculum (and their parents managed to get my excellent teacher fired a year later). A large percentage of those abstainers (from knowledge) became parents before we finished high school.

7 Likes

Question that should have been front and center. Trump is a hotel owner who hasn’t removed himself from routine control or ownership of his hotels. Publicizing coronavirus hurts hotels. So…

I hate the new normal of everything can be done wrong but nothing can be done about it, until the election.

1 Like