Photo of secret documents taken by Trump reveals Mar-a-Lago's disgusting carpet

And Hillary

3 Likes

Increasing the contrast of the photo really brings out some detail!
Carpet Docs

8 Likes

Dont forget

• Soros
5 Likes

Agreed. Didn’t mean to throw shade on Best Western there- they’re actually my go-to place on the road. Always clean and reliably nice for the price. I like ‘em!

They got abused as my baseline in this metaphor for Trump being surface-only luxury, but not even good at it, as evidenced by Mar-a-Lago.

9 Likes

@Mindysan33 I was fascinated to read in that KGB records were roughly embroidered (a thread being passed through letters in each word) to make it harder for text to be erased and replaced.

It is certainly difficult to forget; and I speak as someone with zero visual memory.

6 Likes

Ahh JAZ drives…
I worked at an Non-Apple Apple retailer in here in Canada in my late teens. Had a regular business/education customer periodically bring in a JAZ disk to have the contents burnt to a CD-ROM. Grossly expensive devices at the time and we have a 4x drive in one of our non-sales machines.
Good times,
I also lived though the iMacs. Sold many USB 3.5" floppy drives and BlueBerry iMacs. Got really good at opening them to put in more memory too.

3 Likes

You just know that carpet is 100% nylon and has that synthetic stench which takes you right back to the 1970s.

2 Likes

Come on, you can’t just drop hints about this stuff! Tell us what you’ve got on JFK, Sasquatch and UFOs (separate files obviously, unless reality is actually weirder than my imagination).

2 Likes

Marge is not happy but at least she appears to be admitting he actually had secrety stuff.

On the archive front, I had a stack of Zip disks but skipped the JAZ disks. I converted them to CD-R and then DVD years ago and now the files are on hard drives.

All of my really really important documents are scanned on a variety of digital media with hard copies in a fireproof safe and the originals in a safe deposit box. It ain’t no national archive but it is about 2 inches thick, safely stored for our kid when the time comes.

4 Likes

I’ve never bought into the notion that Trump is stupid. Or at the very least, I don’t know I can know whether he’s smart or not smart.

What he is for certain is a narcissist. That makes him largely unwilling to take in any information because he assumes he knows it all. On top of that he’s a complete dilettante and that is a particularly delightful combination. My MIL is a raging narcissist, but she sort of keeps to her lane about stuff she knows – if I bring up something about, say, the law or the Constitution, she just bluntly changes the subject. Trump, on the other hand, just assumes a level of expertise on everything.

But what I do look forward to here is that most folks who have narcissists in their lives just make a separate peace – figure out to live under that cloud, or just ignore that person altogether (my wife hasn’t talked to her Mom in more than 2 years) – but narcissists are so toxic that most folks avoid it. Here both law and duty require Trump to be challenged on it. Confronted by reality in the face of whatever he has constructed in his head.

And whether he’s actually sharp or a dullard makes no difference, because he simply is not in possession of the facts – no narcissist is, because narcissists arrange their lives never to be confronted with it.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the tape of the deposition. It will be delicious.

12 Likes

Does the carpet match the drapes?

1 Like

Thanks, Obama!

7 Likes

Trumps best westerns have the music scored by Enrico Macaroni

5 Likes

Interesting too are the Time covers. I did the dive.

Remember Trump was obsessed with not only the Noble Prize (as I believe he had spelled it) but Time Man Of The Year and openly jealous when he didn’t earn them:

Seriously. His campaign team put his head on her body:

• In the meantime, Trump had also had a fake Time cover highlighting his success with The Apprentice dated March 1, 1999, a date when Time Magazine did not publish. That has been framed and hung up in at least five of his clubs, from South Florida to Scotland and Time basically put out a cease and desist. If you scroll down on that link there’s a picture of a wall with about a dozen magazine covers. Could be worth a further dig to see if any of the others were fake but I’m guessing the Washington Post would have checked already.
9 Likes

If you’re serious about analyzing the photo for hidden details, always start with the best available copy.

Grab the pdf here: Exhibit – #48, Att. #1 in Trump v. United States (S.D. Fla., 9:22-cv-81294) – CourtListener.com and go nuts with the zoom tool.

3 Likes

He thinks he’s helping himself.

13 Likes

That defeats the purpose of a patent. Which is sharing technical info for something to the world in exchange for compensation for its production.

9 Likes

This. Intellectual property includes not only patents but trade secrets. For many companies, especially smaller ones, it can make more sense to hold secrets close rather than disclosing them in a patent. Big companies violate patents all the time, and if you’re going to enforce one, you better have at least $10M in the bank to defend it or the big company will just wait you out.

Of course, that’s exactly opposite what the patent system was supposed to accomplish. Just another thing on the list of systemic change we need to make, and nowhere near the top.

12 Likes

Uh, did you look closely at the photo I uploaded?

2 Likes

Oh.

6 Likes