Photos of dangerous overcrowding at US border patrol detention centers

There is never a wrong time to post Langston Hughes

5 Likes

The built in assumption of that question is that the German people wouldn’t have tolerated the horrors that were later revealed to the world. As if. Shoa was exactly what they wanted.

3 Likes
14 Likes

Godwin’s Law, revised for the 21st Century:

The longer a conversation about Nazis lasts, the greater the possibility that Mike Godwin himself will show up to dunk on you.

14 Likes

How soon before they decide to put the cages onto flatbed rail cars for more efficient transport of subhumans to more specially designed facilities? (A serious sarcasm within a serious question)

The government and country are now in a double helix death spiral consisting of concentrated historical simile.

2 Likes

If Mike Godwin explains Godwin’s Law to you, is that Godsplaining?

3 Likes

Is it their position that the Holocaust was the only event in the history of the world that involved concentration camps? Sheesh.

8 Likes

I think maybe “diluting the message” is a serious concern for them. What I think they don’t realize is competition in the human rights abuses arena has been growing faster than they could imagine.

8 Likes

No, it’s Godwinning. Just like He always does.

6 Likes

6 Likes

The HTML title in the One Box doesn’t match the one constructed from script/json and then displayed. (Like I said.)

“Photos of crowded detention camps prompt Trump to say migrants are better off than where they came from” vs “Detained migrants shown pleading for help in U.S. government photos”

Asshole.

6 Likes

The parallels with Gitmo were not lost on some people

7 Likes

Oh, it’s worse than that - they’re taking the position that the Holocaust shouldn’t ever be compared to any other event (no matter how similar). So any lessons learned are to be forgotten - simply ignored - with regard to future or current genocides.

3 Likes

Throw all you want, it’s too late now. Your current president is functionally illiterate by all accounts and even if he wasn’t, he and his administration would only take the worst chapters of itas inspiration.

They are here now and in power because those who came before, especially democrats, didn’t do their job and gradually made ever worse and more evil things possible and acceptable.

2 Likes

NO.

This is not my fault.

This is not the fault of people who went out and voted, who canvassed, who tried at every damn point to warn people against this fool.

I refuse to listen to people like you who casually blame everyone for Trump, if that is indeed what you mean here

It sounds easy to say, and easy to blame whoever you want, but there are specific forces that got him elected and no, your basket of blame does not hold my entire country responsible for this abortion of logic.

I DO agree with your first statement, however. These people are beyond sanity or help.

3 Likes

I didn’t mean to say it was your fault.

My point was that everyone in power before Trump, either through ignorance or on purpose, let political culture and values deteriorate more and more until it became even thinkable for this absolute disgrace of a human being to become president.

And while the US is the most prominent example, this kind of decay is an international issue, my country is certainly no exception.

I have had almost nothing but positive experiences with Americans I met personally. Unless you are a high ranking politician, I don’t blame you anymore than I blame myself, which is to say not much.

2 Likes

They shot themselves in the foot and essentially refuted their entire reason for existence. I blame it on being federally funded and not wanting to upset the source of their money. I lost all respect for them after that bullshit. They got called out on it

9 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes

What’s weird is that saying nothing was the better option here, yet they felt the need to make a (bad) statement…

3 Likes