Picard- All Spoilers Thread!

Ah, I didn’t follow Voyager beyond the first season (don’t judge me!) so that explains it.

Again not a bonafide ‘fan’ so my Trek knowledge is rather spotty.

4 Likes

I didn’t remember him either but apparently killing him off was a big deal for the Seven character

6 Likes

I got that, but I didn’t realize he’d had a major arc in Voyager.

I did enjoy seeing Seven being all “Fuck ‘mercy,’ that asshole needs to die for what she did.”

The trope of acting like negative base emotions like rage and wrath somehow aren’t a part of the complexity of the human experience bewilders me, so I was glad to see it subverted.

6 Likes

Looks like he appeared in 11 episodes, 12 if we count Picard

So more than Hugh actually

3 Likes

I watched TOS & TNG way more than the other entries in the series, with a dabbling of DS9 here and there.

2 Likes

It’s not the same actor playing icheb from voyager though, he could have played him if he hadn’t been such a prick on twitter towards anthony rapp. I like the idea that they gave the character such a gruesome death as a result of him being a dick.

Icheb is also one of two returning characters from past Trek series who are re-cast. It’s perhaps not surprising that Manu Intiraymi was replaced as Icheb given his comments on Twitter calling Discovery actor Anthony Rapp a “whiner” for accusing Kevin Spacey of inappropriate behavior with him as a teenager.

4 Likes

Icheb got “fridged”. A rarity for a male minor character, way too common for a female one.

4 Likes

Well that might explain why they wanted to kill him off, but if so they didn’t have to do Hugh too

Seven and J.L. better check their six, the writers are out to get all the Borgs :fearful:

3 Likes

The writers ain’t killing off Seven of Nine; Jerri Ryan is an all time fan fav, XB or not.

6 Likes

Is it wrong to root for the Borg when Seven is the new Queen?

Assimilate! Assimilate! Assimilate!

5 Likes

I admit that seeing her go full-on “We Are Borg!” even temporarily was pretty cool.

7 Likes

She was easily assimilated.

3 Likes

By the way, I’m not usually a fan of shows-about-the-making-of-the-show, but on the youtube Will Wheaton has been doing post-show discussions with some of the actors involved, for example the Ep 8 recap has Jeri Ryan and Jonathan Del Arco on it. They are surprisingly interesting.

2 Likes
2 Likes

So, in a strange reversal the Trek universe is now borrowing plots from The Orville (cf the Kraylons).

So, will Sung turn out to actually be Lore?

2 Likes

“Killer robot armada coming to destroy all organic life” is a lot older than The Orville

2 Likes

But killer robot armada coming to destroy all life which

1. one of the main cast was a member of and
  2. presented itself as a sedate peaceful society at first,

was just done on The Orville

2 Likes

Galactica?

1 Like

The '78 version, in the pilot episode, maybe.

2 Likes

Niggle:

When the Romulans turfed all the Borg into space.

• Seven was in control of the Cube.
  • It has both engines and tractor beams.
  • Borg survive in vacuum just fine.

Why didn’t she just go and scoop them up?

4 Likes