Police called to "violent brawl" at Michigan Republican Party event

Originally published at: Police called to "violent brawl" at Michigan Republican Party event | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Probably not the most effective way to convince other members of your party to have open-door meetings.

24 Likes

It’s been a party of thugs for a while now.

26 Likes

Off-topic, but I just spoonerized that and discovered the collective noun for Pugs.

9 Likes

I initially thought that maybe this was a MAGA-GOP vs. OG-GOP battle, but as far as I can tell, both factions are election denying, Trump loving MAGAts. It’s basically the same thing as MTG vs. Boebert, but at the state level.

20 Likes

What, just a brawl, not a shoot-out? Seems a bit out of character.

29 Likes

“He kicked me in my balls as soon as I opened the door,”

LOL. Fighting dirty right off the bat? Sounds right.

Also: I imagine there are many in the opposition party who envy that opportunity…

13 Likes

Sounds like a charming assemblage of gentlemen.

17 Likes

Btw, who talks like this to the media? “Genitals” or “nethers” or “crotch”. Not “balls”. Have we lost any sense of the formal and informal register?

14 Likes

Yes, but you probably knew that already.

14 Likes

It does seem to be a disease only affecting American republicans, though.

11 Likes

“. . . adding ‘Now I understand what the cruelty is the point means!’”

11 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

17 Likes

Dammit…we really are moving down this timeline aren’t we?

14 Likes

…I know it’s not the point, but “nethers” is formal now? At least “balls” shows up in dictionaries, if marked as vulgar or slang, whereas “nether” is only listed as an adjective. :confused:

11 Likes

Don’t piss off The Netherlands. You wouldn’t like it if they got angry.

10 Likes

Keep fighting, GOP. Keep beating each other up. We love watching the party of Reagan’s “pledge” to never fight each other shredding themselves to pieces.

Time for the GOP to die off. Time for a real progressive party to rise up in their place, with the current Democratic party playing the conservative role. A much saner country will come out of those ashes.

15 Likes

We’re on a year now, I ain’t had nothing ‘twixt my nethers weren’t run on batteries.

Kaylee, Serenity

9 Likes
12 Likes

Wayne County is where the metropolitan Detroit area lives. Clare is (or was!) rural, several hours’ drive NW of Detroit, and is now the home of at least one large marijuana growing facility.

The Doherty was one of the places the Purple Gang went to lie low, until a gangster from another outfit was shot there.

ETA from ‘He Kicked Me in My Balls.’ Fight at Michigan GOP Meeting Gets Physical – Rolling Stone:

… Michigan Republicans have been struggling to find a path forward after losing control of the state’s legislature for the first time in nearly 40 years. State Chair Kristina Karamo, an election denier, has been fighting with the party co-chair over budget issues. Karamo also refused to concede her loss in Michigan’s 2022 secretary of state race, and she, along with others, was ordered to pay more than $58,000 in legal fees for bringing a baseless lawsuit challenging absentee votes in Detroit. The suit, in which Karamo was the lead plaintiff, was “rife with speculation, an absence of facts and a lack of understanding of Michigan election statutes and Detroit absentee ballot procedures,” the judge wrote. [So the rethugs made her dumb, ignorant ass their chair!]

The state of the Michigan GOP is so chaotic, this isn’t even the first physical altercation at a state party meeting this year. In April, police were called when two Republicans got into a fight

10 Likes