Police cite AK47 toting Banana

Most vehicle manufacturers try to find ways to make their products less lethal, even when used irresponsibly.

Those Texans must be pretty dumb then. A guy with a 50 round magazine will pretty much universally lose to the SWAT team who tend to have thousands of rounds at their disposal, significant training, and the ability to teargas you out of your hiding spot. Good luck with your gas mask. Let’s see how you’re doing when you haven’t been able to take it off for 48 hours and haven’t had any water.

The Banana suite strikes again!

From August 18. 2010
Carlton Jeffery Kohnert, 21, who is apparently in the Marine Reserve, was arrested for investigation of reckless endangerment, aiming or discharging a weapon and indecent exposure, said Clallam County Sheriff’s Sgt. Randy Pieper.

Police believe Kohnert – fully costumed in the yellow banana costume – exposed himself to a woman at the Port Angeles Wendy’s restaurant and drove through Four Seasons Ranch brandishing a shotgun.

http://onepeoplesproject.com/index.php/en/news/legal/ye-olde-white-power-chopping-block/512-banana-suit-bonehead-pleads-not-guilty

1 Like

Those Texans must be pretty dumb then. A guy with a 50 round magazine will pretty much universally lose to the SWAT team who tend to have thousands of rounds at their disposal, significant training, and the ability to teargas you out of your hiding spot. Good luck with your gas mask. Let’s see how you’re doing when you haven’t been able to take it off for 48 hours and haven’t had any water.

Yeah like those dummies back in the 1770’s. You might remember the 13 colonies that lacked a professional army or navy. Ragtag bands of men lightly armed, with little training, and usually did not have uniforms. Taking on the largest superpower in the world. What a bunch of idiots!

1 Like

That’s both a stawman and a red herring. If you want people to take you seriously, I’d encourage you to argue against the point presented. Instead of conflating a single person with a national militia.

1 Like

…fighting against a volunteer army deployed a thousand miles away from home among a citizenry that hated them…

Okay, that was me that time.

Is that in A-minor, or F-sharp?

1 Like

If you want people to take you seriously don’t hid behind misdirected logical fallacy. I spoke directly to your point. You described “Texans” as dumb for believing their guns might protect them against a larger force. I gave a direct example illuminating your logic as flawed.

Fine then. I didn’t make the point clearly enough for you. I don’t dispute that a militia with enough manpower and firepower can launch an insurgency that will give a town, county or state a run for it’s money. What I meant was: If a person owns an AK thinking it will protect them from, say, the Austin PD, they’re pretty much wrong.

ETA:
Since it would appear that you are offended I said Texans are dumb, let me clarify that too.
I honestly think that ANY individual who thinks they can hold their own against a city’s police department is pretty dumb. Not just Texans. There’d be no point to having police if they could all be killed by a single gunman every time.

3 Likes

Ah, when you put it like that I totally agree.

@Bobo
I didn’t intend to say that all gun owners are one thing or another. I’m only sharing my personal experience as someone who has live in Texas for a good part of their life. I would think it intellectually dishonest to pretend that these peoples fear is not a very real thing and more widespread than most would like to think.

Most gun owners I speak to down here are very concerned about the government “taking our guns away” as well as home protection and the protection of livestock. I’m not going to bother trying to cite a source for this one. Come down to Texas and have a talk with folk at the gun range. The discussions you can have there don’t make it in to internet articles for me to cite you.

Then there is the election buyers. Each time there is an election there is a run on gun purchasing and bullets. Popular ammo are often sold out in the weeks leading up to the presidential election and that’s not limited to Texas http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/25/ammo-maker-ammo-shortage-fueled-by-rumors-and-conjecture/
My guess is that these purchases aren’t about tactical shooting, cowboy shooting competition, hunting, or home defense. I’d think it a safe bet that these purchases are about fear of the government.

The point of my post was in response to those who asked why anyone would need a 50 round drum mag or an “assault weapon” for target shooting or hunting. That’s why I said ‘one of the big reasons’ instead of ‘the only reason’ and why I wondered about the idea that gun magazine capacity discussions always seem to include the old ‘why would they need that for hunting or target shooting?’ argument as if that was the only reason to own a gun.

@LDoBe
I won’t say we Texans are the smartest bunch. Remember Waco? I do. I also remember why the ATF showed up in the first place. The Davidians and Branch Davidians were having automatic rifle battles with each other. A 50 round drum mag is just the tip of the iceberg.

We have folk down here with anti aircraft guns, tanks, RPGs, 50 cal brownies, and on and on. It’s no joke. There are those down here just waiting for the government to try to take away their weapons.

This is why I am so against overturning the 2nd amendment. From what I’ve seen, the loss of human life would be staggering.

I have to wonder if some of those guys aren’t secretly a little disappointed every day the government doesn’t come for their guns.

1 Like

When I think of the “take up arms against the government” crowd in the US today, especially given its agenda and geographic distribution, I think of the 1860s, not the 1770s, and I root for the government.

No one said anything about taking up arms against the government. The “agendas” that make you think of the 1860’s are mostly political wedge issues used to divide the populist. So go ahead and root for your government. I’ll be rooting for my friends, neighbors, and fellow countrymen.

2 Likes

Is that rhetoric supposed to make this sound less like the 1860s? I feel like you’re mostly reinforcing my point.

1 Like

I disagree. I think it is kind of adorable - kind of like when a Chihuahua thinks it is as big as a Newfoundland. Oh they yap and yap and yap and sometimes nip at people and make a lot of noise, but the truth is, they just don’t know what real fear is because of their overly coddled life and/or lack imagination.

Take away their soft bed though (and their sports cable package) and they would crumble.

According to Wikipedia:

The economy of Texas is one of the largest and most rapidly growing economies in the United States

If that is dysfunction, sign me up for two in my state!

1 Like

My apologies then. I took the question “why do people” as a question referencing people in general (in this case gun owners), and wanted to point out that there are a lot of us who like target shooting (only) or “plinking”, or hunt, or some other sort of relatively innocuous shooting sport, and are not at all involved with the testosterone/paranoid dream of fighting off an unjust govt. paramilitary force single handed.

Maybe it’s a Texas (or similar location) thing, but I’ve met a lot of blue state liberal democrat types (myself included) that don’t buy into the “Obama’s coming for your guns” paranoia. That being said, we’re still having problems getting some calibers (.22lr in particular) at decent prices because of crazy a-holes stockpiling it or buying it to re-sell at inflated prices.

1 Like