Police come 40 minutes after public masturbator does

Originally published at: Police come 40 minutes after public masturbator does | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Billie Eilish Wtf GIF by Global Citizen

27 Likes

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

16 Likes

For the record Onan’s sin was using the withdrawal method rather than impregnating his late brother’s wife as requested by his father Judah. God, the universe’s biggest voyeur, was apparently upset by that part.

The Old Testament has some messed up family dramas.

39 Likes

tea-drinking

8 Likes

40 minutes seemed like a really long response time. Looks like it really is. Here’s one sample from a different area in CA:
https://www.pvestates.org/services/police-department/response-time-explained

Average is about 3 minutes ‘til someone is “on scene.”
It’s a pretty limited set of examples, but, still, 40 minutes? WTF?
ACAB.

20 Likes

mallrats GIF by hero0fwar

10 Likes

That’s what

Oh, never mind.

39 Likes

Lol, the “average is about 3 minutes” is probably pretty accurate in your interpretation. :rofl:

28 Likes
11 Likes

A hair salon couldn’t find a bucket of cold water to throw over him? I suspect that might have put a stop to it.

14 Likes

The nail salons should hire a series of street performers to work in front of their places of business until they find out what this dude’s turn-off is. I recommend starting with a sad clown.

9 Likes

This would be my suggestion if he returns.

23 Likes

Call everyone you know in the neighborhood to come by, take pictures and laugh at him.

6 Likes

Apparently there’s a nationwide police shortage, and departments are stretched thin.

(At least, that’s the story I heard. I hope this isn’t just a coordinated police slowdown in reaction to the defund movement.)

That was my thought exactly. Zero warning.

And if it was me, I’d be aiming.

13 Likes

Police have important work to do. Like harassing Black teenagers. And shooting Black teenagers. And demanding free stuff from area businesses. And writing “PIG” on their coffee cups so they can get random Starbucks employees fired. And shooting Black teenagers.

Stopping a fellow cop from masturbating in front of businesses owned by women is way, way, way down on the list of priorities.

23 Likes

Well, there are enough that 6 (in 3 SUVs) showed up to “talk” to a neighbor today and 4 of them didn’t even get out of their huge SUVs, and local pay isn’t all that, so I don’t know. I don’t live where this happened, but I don’t tend to give cops the benefit of the doubt.
My initial thought was that they don’t think this is a “real” crime because, “he’s not hurting anyone.” But he is. It’s a power move intended to intimidate, and could very well escalate.

20 Likes

California only spends $20 Billion annually on police.

9 Likes

6a00d8341c59aa53ef0168eb4a5d03970c-500wi|nullxnull

They just don’t give a shit about a man masturbating at women. They don’t see it as a crime worth showing up for.

32 Likes