Police confiscate 345,000 used condoms destined for resale

The BB store, naturally. This story is just to wet your appetite.

1 Like

If you’ve paid much attention to rubber condoms, they have a specific resistance to being stretched when they’re new that a used condom wouldn’t. I suspect that they’re cheaper than new ones, and that the users probably have a good idea what they are, even if they’re claimed to be new.

Westerners in wealthy countries respond with “eww” to lots of things people in poorer countries have to accept as daily life.

2 Likes

Given their tendency, wouldn’t upcycling them be more appro?

1 Like

Nice hat comrade. Not really. Kinda sucks entrails.

1 Like

Ok, now I’m going to check the country of origin on those condoms they sell at the 99 cent Store.

1 Like

Note who’s wearing it.

3 Likes

Seems like the people who had to clean the used condoms already got punished.

Popular material for reusable condoms.

You guys are right: it IS a dick move and what a bunch of scumbags!

But 345,000? I can see 148,000, tops. This just drips of hyperbole. O cum on!

At least they rinsed them first.

Be thankful they didn’t reuse those condoms as molds for popsickles.
That reusing the plastic water bottle thing is also big in Cambodia. So much for tamper-proof lids.
The last office I worked in had a water dispenser - but they were too cheap to pay for a bottled water delivery service and just filled them with tap water. Hmmm…biofilm?

In Don’t Tell Mum I Work on the Rigs (She Thinks I’m a Piano Player in a Whorehouse), the author describes how this scam was pulled on him at the end of a project somewhere in the poorer parts of world (I’d like to say Indonesia, but I’d have to check), and how he and his entire crew got violently explosive diarrhoea on the flight home. But as a result, he can now drink the local water anywhere in the world without getting sick (or so he claims).

Of course, that still might not make it a good idea: stuff can do you harm without making you immediately ill.

But I have a friend who worked as a consultant to the water industry, and he told me that Sweden (IIRC) has not only minimum but maximum quality standards for its water supply, to keep Swedish immune systems robust.

2 Likes

The reason they used to call them “French letters” is because you would rinse them out and store them in an envelope. Diaphragms are re-usable, so are menstrual cups. Though the same person is usually the one re-using all those items, they may have different partners. It’s not inherently unworkable or unhealthy (but obviously only if you properly sterilize a well-made product and don’t fraudulently sell them as new).

2 Likes

Put a bird in it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.