Police dashcam video of Florida driver cited for "I EAT ASS" window sticker

I dunno, he asked him once then arrested him. No ‘Look pal, you either take it down and explain it to the judge or we arrest you, you head to jail and your truck gets towed… grow up Mr Sovereign Citizen and stop being a douchenozzle. please.’ Still no? At that point officer Krumpke has no choice.

On the other hand, imagine if Mr IEA was black quite ebulliently gay? Wonder how this might have turned out?

Looking at the other other hand, how would folks feel if we arrested and impounded every moran’s truck that had a confederate flag on it? “Sir, do you realize you have the flag of a traitor’s rebellion against the United States of America? That the state’s rights at issue was (audible gasp) the right to own human beings as SLAVES??!?!?! And right next to it the flag of the failed fascist movement from the first half of the 20th century? The Holocaust Century? Oh, wait, you have a MAGA sticker right next to it… have a nice day sir!”

1 Like

Wouldn’t requiring the driver to remove/alter the sticker be something the court would order once he appeared and if he was found guilty? For the officer to demand removal seems as if he’s jumping the gun and passing sentence before the court date.

So isn’t it an unlawful order the officer is making?

3 Likes

Clinically none of us should be touching anyone else’s parts.

4 Likes

I knew worse words than ass when I was 10. Actually, when I was 10 I thought ass was a bit childish.

I grew up in the North of England though. I think if are from there and you don’t know any of George Carlin’s seven words by your tenth birthday it is seen as a reason to be referred to a child psychologist.

9 Likes

I think the cop did the right thing. Society has to draw the line somewhere. It’s not about how to explain it to your kids, it’s about letting your kids keep their innocence as long as possible and this douchebag’s sticker begins the erosion process for any kid that reads it. I wouldn’t have wanted my innocent four year old to have to think about that kind of crap when all she knew at the time was cartoons and Sesame Street. There are good reasons for obscenity laws. Thumbs up to the cop.

So, the public forum must always be child friendly no matter what, because good parenting is too hard for you to do yourself.

Obscenity is a very slippery slope.

What if I find you towing around your sex trophies pretty obscene? It’s not like children are delivered by storks.

11 Likes

Good parenting? What do you suggest? Putting mini blinds on the car windows? Or explaining to the kids that yes, please put the teddy bear down for a minute, daddy wants to explain the concept of why someone would want to eat ass.
My daughter learned to read at the age of three. “I eat ass” was well within her reading ability. I would think that a good parent would want his innocent child to read Go, Dog, Go as an alternative. But that’s just me.

1 Like

I’m not a parent. Why should it be my responsibility to give you all the solutions? And why should it be me who has to spend time and effort censoring myself when having kids was your choice?

14 Likes

9 Likes

Well pumpkin…

9 Likes

Did you ever think of the possibility of saying that it’s adult stuff and she’ll understand when she’s older?

18 Likes

No. I think instead I will support obscenity laws.
I get that it a fine line. But the line has to be drawn somewhere. You move that line a little here and a little there and in twenty years what you have is blowjobs in the street.
It’s the same idea to me as having to cover the street facing windows in a sex shop.
And for the record, my daughters are now adults. That doesn’t mean I’m going to drive around with a bumper sticker proclaiming that I like blowjobs. I understand that other people have children and they probably don’t want their kids seeing something like that.
I support the cop’s decision.

And that’s the last word on this subject for me. I have better thing to do than argue on the internet.

1 Like

What if one of your daughters read this?

10 Likes

And who gets to decide what is obscene? You? You say you recognize that it’s a fine line, but who decides where it is? Is talking about pregnancy or birth control obscene? Same sex couples? Trans people? Or is it just explicit discussion of sexuality in public? Should we not have sex ed classes?

Yet, you made an account specifically to argue on the internet?

25 Likes

Hey - those bathrooms aren’t gonna stink themselves up.

12 Likes

I’m disturbed at how obscenely you’re clutching those pearls on a public internet forum.

13 Likes

But you can counter that argument by just moving the line to something more generally unacceptable. I would agree that the police officer here is being a little bit extreme. Are you saying the onus is entirely on parents to filter that their children see?

1 Like

Parents obviously can’t filter everything their kids see, and I don’t advocate for everyone going around being actively obscene to children. But I don’t see why I shouldn’t be allowed to have a bumper sticker that says something like “I eat ass” when nobody seems to have a problem with confederate flags, or truck nuts.

7 Likes

The difference is that the congressbeast in question had a history of advocating for enshrining institutional homophobia in law, so you better believe so many of the folks around these parts took great schadenfreuderiffic satisfaction in the hypocritical fucker getting his comeuppance.

4 Likes

Had my 8yo son seen this truck:

Him: Mom, are they talking about donkeys or whispers butts?!
Me: I really couldn’t tell you, honey.
Him: That’s weird, either way.
Me: Yup.
Him: (insert random retelling of Harry Potter scenario)

15 Likes