Police dashcam video of Florida driver cited for "I EAT ASS" window sticker

7 Likes

You are what you eat?

2 Likes

Now, now, there’s no call to get personal.
You eat what you like and I’ll do the same.

2 Likes

For every “Florida Man” story there’s an equal but opposite “Florida Cop” story.

1 Like

Well, seeing that charges have ALREADY been dropped, looks like (surprise, surprise) parenting your kids is YOUR responsibility, not for me to tiptoe around your kids sensitive fee fees.

1 Like

So, nobody’s suggested he replace it with an “I DO NOT EAT ASS” bumper sticker and accusing the cops of hypocrisy if they bust him for that?

2 Likes

If you are poking the tiger, I’d go with “Cops don’t suck ass.”

I’ve eaten fried pig anus in China. It wasn’t as good as it sounds.

1 Like

Scrapbooking

giphy3

6 Likes

Because he can.

… and what CreekyOne said.

It also ramps up the pressure to plea bargain and (contrary to CreekyOne’s explanation), it can also help to ensure that the prosecution gets something through.

The obstructing an officer charge is a lot easier to prove than the other charges. All they need to show is that a legitimate arrest was being made (whether the charge he was arrested for sticks or not) and that the accused somehow resisted.

1 Like

In those situations I’ve sometimes said, “I have no idea.” With regard to that sticker…I feel it’s a pretty honest answer. Seriously…wtf?

Finally, I am able to properly memorialize when Nana and Pop-pop met.

1 Like

But the cop is just damning this poor soul to a life of loneliness. How is he supposed to meet others who share the same proclivity for buttocks munching? The internet?

1 Like

nice reaching by the cop talking to the other trying to give him more charges

Though the personality type of a mid 20’s pickup truck driver with an “I EAT ASS” is one I could do with less of, I think I’d err on the side off less police officers that can’t talk to their kids about a sticker, and less fake moralists in congress that make these laws.

The kid should have removed “I” as his get out of jail letter.

Except in this case, the resistance isn’t about the arrest, but failure to remove the sign. Which is also what the obscenity charge is (or rather, at this point, was). The cop is trying to eat his cake and have it, too.

5 Likes

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

4 Likes

Also I am pretty sure blowjobs on the street have been a thing since before I was a lad so that proverbial ship sailed a long long time ago.

5 Likes

My understanding here is that the cop stated out loud and on camera that he would have been satisfied with the removal of one of the letters. So, the first letter, right?

2 Likes

They were the Taco Trucks of their time.

2 Likes