Police forced to drag selfish rat-licker from school board meeting

You’re right Just like he expects people “of minority descent” to defer to him and gets outraged when they don’t. Typical passive-aggresive bullying behaviour from an entitled prick who’s used to playing life on easy mode…

That’s because, one way or another, they all wanted him to leave if he wouldn’t put on a mask (something the cops do politely inform him he has to do if he wants to stay).

13 Likes

Yup. My comment was more thinking about how would you construct the new meeting rules to make them unassailable. If they are following CDC advice and the trumpers come out and say well the president says CDC is unreliable… etc etc.

1 Like

He wasn’t there to assert his perceived right to sit in that particular chair without a mask. He was there to assert his perceived right to attend the public meeting without a mask.

The onus was not on the meeting organizers to exhaust every possible way of keeping him physically separated from the other people in that building, or to cede territory to an anti-mask nut just because he was acting like a dick.

12 Likes

Super passive, fam! He pushed away the officers, grabbed one of their shirts, etc. People of color have been shot for far less.

…and that’s white privilege, everybody!

33 Likes

Well, the Governor and President under a declared state of state/national emergency can really do pretty much anything they want at this point, and it could put to rest any such avenues for debating this stupid shit.

Me? I’d say losing half the people we lost in WWII in 5 1/2 months, and the potential to loose the entire American losses of WWII by the end of the year, count as that. That’s me.

2 Likes

I wonder if there could ever be a way for people who are not in the same physical location as other people to, I dunno, maybe see and hear what the people in the other location see and hear and say and do, and gosh – maybe it could even be bi-directional or something? Imagine such a thing, in a world with a pandemic, and maybe people being able to use such miraculous technologies to allow for people to “attend meetings” so-to-speak in this distanced fashion, especially public functions. It’s almost like it could put to rest this silly kind of stuff.

Maybe someday.

1 Like

Unless their directives are in opposite directions.

I am pretty sure the Federal Government has jurisdiction. There could be conflict if a state was in open protest, but the “legal authority” or whatever we should call it these days would be with the Feds, methinks.

I agree, the onus was not on the meeting organizers to exhaust every possible way… But I believe we can agree the onus on the organizers and the police were to properly handle the situation to the maximum benefit to the community.

I think they failed. They escalated the situation, put the rest of the community at further risk of spread of the disease, and gave the gentleman a platform.

1 Like

I guess they should have just shut down the meeting? I don’t disagree that this could potentially have been a more useful way of dealing with it, frankly. Make him ruin it for everyone vs. be a local folk hero? Or were you thinking they should just ignore him.

Who exactly are the feds, if the CDC presents guidelines and POTUS is openly hostile to those very guidelines?

It is a no win situation for the cops, which he said and then proceeded to illustrate.

Here’s another possible tactic. Move to an agenda item that requires executive session. Every member of the public has to leave the room. Then cops are posted at the doors and can have him wait to enter so they can discuss with him, while everyone else enters the room, then he doesn’t get to enter without wearing a mask. But then he puts on the mask, enters, and takes off the mask and, um, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again…

OR… as you say Nicky, shut down the meeting and go back to Zoom only meetings like almost all other governing boards are doing now. Got a question? Throw it in the chat box.

That screenshot is after they decided to escalate so I’m not sure how that proves he wouldn’t have remained peaceful had the meeting been concluded due to his presence.

I don’t see the white privilege.

That extends to the cops’ attempts to reason with him, as seen clearly in the video (assuming one has actually watched it instead of just ultracrepidating about what they think it depicts). A PoC would have gotten a lot less of that treatment before being dragged out, too.

[Also, props for the musical flourish. Just hearing that still gets a laugh out of me]

9 Likes
10 Likes

I see three instances. First, the police speak softly with the man, and they appear to be patient and somewhat deferential. Second, after multiple declarations by the protester (and I choose that word specifically) that the police would have to forcibly drag him, the police gingerly attempt to lift him up. Third, once there is a struggle, the protester grabs at the arm of one of the police officers…more than once. It was only after the second grab that the police officer gets his taser out BUT STILL DECLINES TO USE IT.

If you don’t see how this protester is being treated differently than protesters of color, you are purposefully turning a blind eye.

If he was African American, there would have been a different outcome.

26 Likes

If you think there are ANY circumstances in which a large-statured, belligerent, non-cooperative person of color could physically push back against the police asking him to leave—even forcibly grabbing one by the uniform—without putting himself in danger of grievous bodily harm then I have some bad news for you.

27 Likes

Besides giving them covid, you mean? People have certainly been shot for less clearly resisting arrest. Resisting arrest by wrestling with cops doesn’t usually result in kid glove treatment.

2 Likes

Or Latino. Or Asian. Or anyone NOT White…

15 Likes

I’d be ok with charging him with the attempted murder of every person in that room.

Can’t wait until there’s a cure for STUPID-20.

I don’t even fully understand the post, but I will like anything with a pic of Betty White.

1 Like