Political fall out from Covid-19 pandemic

Congratulations, America. You let the terrorists win.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-05-14/michigan-cancels-legislative-session-to-avoid-armed-protesters

16 Likes

If the legislature (at least the GOP part) feels that they can’t ban guns in the state capitol building, then at the very least they can limit the number of people with firearms to two at a time. FIFO. That way, the number of threats remains manageable for the guards. Who, it just so happens, might have to follow anyone in Tactical Asshole™ paraphernalia. You know, for their own safety.

5 Likes

Terrorists win if they are white. Witness the Bundy klan and the stupid shit they have gotten into. Maybe “white supremacist terrorist” is more apt.

14 Likes
14 Likes

derry-girls-sister-michael-am-i-in-hell

9 Likes

17 Likes

I think that needs an arrow pointing at Obama’s face with the label “NOT TAN”.

8 Likes

That is such a nice suit.

6 Likes

I’m hyped for some ObamaGate action, as long as its about things that matter: health care plan designed by Heritage Foundation, bailing out Wall Street, failing to close Gitmo, droning US citizens, Afghan surge, the jailing of whistleblowers and legal harassment of journalists, the Libyan and Honduran coups, mass surveillance, the funding and arming of proxy wars in Yemen and Syria, record deportations, Deepwater Horizon, new nukes (both power plants and weapons), etc…

Source

3 Likes

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Fuck Everyone

I was never surprised that much of the country would happily exterminate the rest of the world, especially the rest of the brown world, but I admit the zeal for killing our own citizens, even when that killing increases personal risk, has been a bit striking. Evil and stupid! Quite the combination. Would rich people kill you for a nickel? Why yes, yes they would. Would they go on to host an Aspen Ideas Festival talk or have their latest book discussed in glowing terms by David Brooks subsequently? Almost certainly.

Atrios at 10:00

8 Likes

I hope the next Democratic President wears nothing but the kind of flashy colorful suits that would be at home in the Saul Goodman collection just to make their heads explode.

5 Likes

They should borrow Hubertus Bigend International Klein Blue suit.

6 Likes

Via Eschaton:

A UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT RESPONDS TO THOSE WHO HAVE SUGGESTED THE SCHOOL SHOULD DIP INTO THE ENDOWMENT

4 Likes
6 Likes
10 Likes

I just re-read the Blue Ant trilogy. I’d forgotten just how brilliant they are.

3 Likes

They’re a favorite of mine. They would be an interesting property for a limited streaming series following the story arc.

2 Likes

Looters gonna loot.

13 Likes

image003

14 Likes

Again, your reminder that “Better Than Trump” is an exceedingly low bar.

10 Likes