Political genius Marjorie Taylor Greene has fascism and communism mixed up

Originally published at: Political genius Marjorie Taylor Greene has fascism and communism mixed up | Boing Boing

8 Likes

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

The Princess Bride Reaction GIF

25 Likes

She DOES NOT CARE.

25 Likes

The entire GOP Political genius Marjorie Taylor Greene has fascism and communism mixed up

They use the terms interchangeably, because in their minds, they both mean the same thing:

a system of government we can use to scare our base, resulting in votes and donations.

29 Likes

I’d love to see an interviewer open with, “So, Congresswoman Greene, you’re clearly a moron, but I’d like to ask you some questions anyway. Mostly for amusement.”

18 Likes

A political system ai chatbot would be nice. very defined. quantifiable. or does it already exist?

2 Likes

giphy

13 Likes

What’s fascinating is that she somehow has not noticed how the actions of Ron DeSantis in Florida are fully aligned with Mao Zedong’s Cultural Revolution…Republicans…

14 Likes

I feel like I lose a few IQ points whenever I read a transcript of anything she’s said.

10 Likes

People sharing.

14 Likes

The Iroquois would be surprised to learn that this was the first time anyone tried communism here.

13 Likes

Don’t trash talk MTG or she’ll sic the Gazpacho on you!

6 Likes

It worked out pretty well until the French and English fur traders had them focusing more on trading with the Europeans, and led to them expanding westward so they could acquire more resources to trade. This pushed the Potawatomi, Ottawa,Ojibwa, Fox, and others to the west.

So, you know, an early example of Capitalism fucking things up.

In general, Native societies were much more egalitarian than Western ones. (though of course, not completely so.)

12 Likes

I’ve dipped my toes into trying to understand the mindset of the kinds of message boards that Marjorie the Gathering likes to hang out on. From my very brief introduction, I found a group where even the pseudo-intellectuals who at least have attempted to educate themselves have gone veeeeery deep into ideas like “cultural Marxism” and all the antisemetic undertones. And still like to debate whether postmodernism had any value at all (it’s not going to surprise anyone that the authors of bills that endorse teaching that slavery was beneficial, are antagonistic towards, say… the view that singular, conventional historical narratives should be viewed with skepticism). My initial impression is that it’s not so much that they’re entirely ignorant of what communism is. It’s that they know lots of stuff, and all of what they know is wrong.

12 Likes

I’m not sure if this was meant facetiously, but outlawing certain political parties is pretty clearly fascist.

1 Like

It’s always projection. Always.

11 Likes

Red Brown alliances are a persistent political bugbear.

1 Like
6 Likes

I think the underlying insidious intent is for Biden to die of laughter.

4 Likes

ezgif-4-41df674da2
Welcome to the BBS!

2 Likes