Poor Lauren Boebert is "tired of this separation of church and state junk"

She may have. She’s an idiot, but she’s using an argument I’ve heard from religious conservatives for decades now. The exact words “separation of church and state” do not appear in the Constitution. The words that do appear, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,” to her and others of her ilk simply means that Congress can’t tell churches what to do. My fear is that it appears that Clarence Thomas and the rest of the Bible Bench seem to agree with her.

5 Likes

There’s also The Satanic Temple; their whole principle is to tolerate and support everyone regardless of race, colour, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. They’re currently suing the State of Texas to protect civil rights, and in Minnesota, they’re requesting alternative science-based abortion counselling and suing the FDA for unrestricted religious access to Mifepristone and Misoprostol.

7 Likes

Buddy, I’d pay for that all myself. In fact, if I knew it meant her having to live out the rest of her days there, I’d max out my credit cards.

Actually, that’s kind of retributive. Reentry to the States when she gets 1K likes on our bbs.

1 Like

But separation of church and state would mean the blessed pasta never mingled with the holy ragu!
:wink:

1 Like

You misspelled profits. Which is really what drives most GOP politicians. Including her - the more outrageous the shit she utters, the more her deluded followers will empty their purses to donate.

5 Likes

The same people who don’t understand “A well regulated Militia” don’t know the historical meaning of religious establishment. Odd for people who claim to want to roll everything back to what the founders originally meant.

7 Likes

It’s amazing how the Founders, after long study, turn out to agree with that sort of person on whatever subject that person is obsessed about right now.

It’s almost like the Scalia Doctrine is: “The Founders agreed with the Heritage Foundation on everything.”

8 Likes

Are they Scotsmen?

1 Like

I wish that weren’t the case, but she’s yet to prove you wrong yet. I keep wanting to think that, surely, it can’t possibly get worse, and yet…

1 Like

Someone should pre-emptively offer the landlord a deal. If the landlord wants to sell, whatever Boebert offers they’ll either match it or beat it by a certain amount.

The Clintons have a bit of a nest egg built up, don’t they?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.