PopCult ("soda")

4 Likes

Very nice. More coconut than lime, but neither is overpowering. A crisp yet smooth flavor.

2 Likes

Josta was pretty great stuff during the short time when it was available. I have no business drinking it now being diabetic and all, but it was highly caffeinated and tasty.

Also there was some kind of honey lemonade in a can that I had way too many of at some conference or other in Chicago many years ago during hot weather. I don’t know if I’d even recognize the cans if I saw them now. I don’t even like honey, but this stuff was pretty amazingly refreshing.

2 Likes

Produced by omni life, Mexico’s answer to Amway. This is billed as a healthy alternative to Coca-Cola

No sugar, no caffeine, and a pleasant chemical aftertaste. It’s a nice cross between Dr Pepper and cherry coke.

This one is sold as as a refreshing natural vanilla drink. It’s vile and syrupy, but if you go long enough without it, you kind of start to miss it. It’s the hot insane ex girlfriend of soft drinks.

4 Likes

I’m a root beer person myself.

My absolute favourite (though it’s nearly impossible to find outside of PEI, so I’ve only been able to buy it when I’ve been on trips there) is:

Since my last move, though, I’ve been drinking this, which is a decent substitute:

4 Likes

From Japan, the name says it all.

Tastes like a less sweet Gatorade.

12 Likes

To achieve true happiness with ginger ale, you must brew your own.

7 Likes

You can’t drink the same ginger ale twice.

4 Likes

Depends on your water reclamation situation.

9 Likes

Nice thread!!

Give me GINGER or just give me bubbles!!

15 Likes

Disagree.

Imagine a grapefruit playing basketball for four hours in the sun. It tastes like whatever you would ring out of its t-shirt.

9 Likes

Thanks for the image. Now I’ll have to mix it with gin.

8 Likes

It tickles me that Vernor’s is still around. I can’t seem to find it where I am. It was the first thing I thought of when a friend recommended ginger ale (or anything ginger) to combat nausea.

Also I’m shocked that the thread has gone this long without anyone mentioning these delights.

11 Likes

I saw this at BevMo! last year. If I see it around again I’ll buy it and see if I can taste TicTacs or Dough in it.

8 Likes

Wink Martindale makes a POG soda?!?

And here, I thought that was only a hippie co-op thing…

3 Likes

I take the trip downtown to Fiesta to get Jarritos (and Mexican Coke). Mmmm. Jarritos.

10 Likes

Mmmm. Mexican Coke is the only sugared soda I will let myself drink on occasion anymore.

La Croix or Soda Stream for me

6 Likes

Old school, baby.

and

when I’m feeling snooty, it’s these:

5 Likes

Is it wrong I would really like to try the sweet corn one?[quote=“nemomen, post:36, topic:84194”]

I take the trip downtown to Fiesta to get Jarritos
[/quote]

My teeth ache looking at those.

4 Likes

3 Likes