(Potentially) Unpopular Opinions, Jinxes, and Horcruxes Thread

This is also why I prefer minor league baseball over the major leagues. The possibility of mistakes make the game more exciting. And lord knows baseball needs whatever excitement it can get.

9 Likes

http://www.vhemt.org/

2 Likes

It’s going to take some reading before I decide whether they’re tongue-in-cheek or for reals.

I like how the acronym reads like vehement.

11 Likes

No wonder that sounded so friggin’ familiar. All their flavors tasted better than Haagen-Dazs. Whomever up-thread said H-D chocolate tastes like wax preaches truth.

4 Likes

I can’t vouch for their flavors – we were more of a Dairy Queen family when I was a kid.

But what’s amusing is that Haagen-Dazs sued them for also pretending to be a European brand, and lost the case because they’re giant hypocrites.

9 Likes

I never heard that story, yet I find it rather delightful!

3 Likes

Thanks, it came to me in the shower the other day. Feel free to use it yourself.

1 Like

Since there has been some interest and fun with unpopular opinions, I made a topic for what is probably my most unpopular opinion about interpersonal relationships.

Shake it down, if you like!

4 Likes

Mate, if I understood it, I would. :confused: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If people don’t want to limit how many children are born, I have a modest proposal for how to reach your goal.

3 Likes

I had three so I need two couples to let me have their allotment.

3 Likes

I have none and probably won’t have any kids at this point, so you can have my allotment. :slight_smile: One down…

8 Likes
2 Likes

And that’s only the second worst Chinese egg recipe.

3 Likes

A couple of their harder rocking songs are good, but once I heard their album-filler ballads I realized why so many people hate them. It sucks when your vocalist needs to actually sing, but can’t.

1 Like

I’ve served twice, both of them murder trials.

They went all-out the first time and sequestered us at a hotel for a week. Our assigned deputies would take us out as a group for meals, and one evening to a bar to unwind a bit. (The head deputy wore an Elmer Fudd t-shirt with his real badge on Elmer’s cap.)

The second time around we got to go home at night, we just couldn’t talk about the case and had to avoid any news reports or newspaper articles about the case, not that there were any.

Got called again a couple of years ago, but not chosen. Fine by me. I think it’s good experience to do it once or twice, and I enjoyed it both times, but by the third time it was becoming a nuisance. I’ve met a few retired folks who really look forward to jury duty as a change of pace.

1 Like

Yeah, my day of service haunted me for a while, and I guess still does when I think about it, even though it was all over a $10,000 civil suit. The case was about compensation for a woman who had been t-boned by a driver who had run a stoplight. The guy had already been found guilty in the criminal case, but this was for ongoing pain and suffering. The plaintiff’s attorney was such an idiot that he somehow allowed a jury to be selected that was stocked with young, cocky dudes who probably thought running stoplights was super cool. It took them all about 5 minutes to figure out that that woman was lying based on their super-advanced knowledge of women and very cool intuition powers. To tie it back in, I had the quite unpopular opinion that we should talk about the case for a minute, and actually consider the woman’s medical condition. What haunts me is how quickly I backed down just to get out the room with those douchebags.

11 Likes

Got in trouble for this one last night: Batman is so boring. He only works if you embrace how totally ridiculous he is, a la Tim Burton. Aquaman is way more interesting. He rules almost 3/4 of the planet for pete’s sake!

13 Likes

Batman’s not even a superhero. He’s an overtrained trust fund baby with an R&D department that personally serves his whims.

18 Likes