(Potentially) Unpopular Opinions, Jinxes, and Horcruxes Thread

I don’t like Frank Ocean’s music.

3 Likes

Yup.

7 Likes

11 Likes

Have you considered the possibility that you just don’t like wine?

8 Likes

I google image searched this one (I realize I’m showing my “unpopular opinions” by not having known who this was…) and google cooked this up for me

Keep working on it Google, you’re getting good at this!

20 Likes

If your results are anything like mine, the first hit below the ‘similar images’ is the correct answer.

4 Likes

I didn’t like wine until I sampled enough different types to find wines I enjoyed. Same with beer. And once I found a baseline of things I liked, I branched out. I imagine a lot of things are like that.

3 Likes

LOL!

She was probably the most popular companion on Doctor Who - was on the classic and the new series and got a spin off show that was showing real promise (it was aimed at a younger audience) but unfortunately, the actress Liz Sladen died of cancer during the show’s run. She was awesome and they played her up as a real feminist character.

19 Likes

Elizabeth Sladen, in the role of Sarah Jane Smith

11 Likes

11 Likes

I am so out of touch I discovered that show by browsing the DVD stacks at the library and going wait when did this start… It was a very fun and well done show.

4 Likes

It was… it got a slow start, but by the end of the first season, it really got it’s feet under it. Sladen was excellent in it and I thought the cast was great all around. I don’t know if they marketed it at all here in the states in the same way that both Doctor who and Torchwood was.

5 Likes

I would have watched it all even if it was so so as I had a crush on her big time. She’s sooo dreamy… :blush:

6 Likes

5 Likes

Well person is

9 Likes

I actually often enjoyed Gawker and am going to miss reading it.

15 Likes

That’s what the Wikipedia article seems to imply:

In 2001, a new formula called Pibb Xtra added cinnamon flavor,[6] replacing the original formula in many parts of the United States.

I couldn’t tell you. I see both versions labeled on dispenser signage and such (it’s almost always fountain-dispensed in Southern California; I’ve never seen bottles or cans of any Pibb variant sold in California), and I suspect I can’t quite tell the two apart. I’ve never noticed a difference, at any rate, and Pibb is a relatively rare indulgence for me, since it’s nowhere near as common as Dr Pepper out here.

2 Likes

I gotta ask, since when do Jinxes result in sodas being exchanged? All my childhood there was never any actual negative consequence for either party beyond maybe a pinch or just some general sense of the other party having won. But lately the internet seems to be telling me that lots of people got Cokes out of it.

6 Likes

When I was a tot, a “jinx!” was then followed by “pinch, poke, owe me a coke”.

11 Likes

I missed out on the whole “slugbug” thing as well, which is lucky, since my sister slugged kinda hard… and there were a hell of a lot of VW Beetles on the road back then.

5 Likes