Pro-Trump attorney Lin Wood claims Twin Towers weren't hit by planes: "we got played"

jack_sparrow1

9 Likes

iggy azalea s GIF

7 Likes

It’s a “fuck you” to Giuliani. That’s all.

It’s really not any more complicated than that.

7 Likes

Well, also to a hell of a lot of other people, not that Wood is likely to care in any positive way.

16 Likes

They used the Project Blue Beam…

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Project_Blue_Beam

6 Likes

“It shows a lack of comprehension of the practical psychology of those who are not paranoid.”

I will use this phrase when the opportunity presents itself.

10 Likes

I think that, for the Alt-Right, cruelty is its own reward. Causing heartache is enough of a reason for them to do anything. :tired_face:

17 Likes

He brings it up to build his brand so more gullible traitors will give him money. That’s what grifters do.

14 Likes

So those million or so people who saw it in Manhattan and other places live were just liars?

20 Likes

Come ON, dude, didn’t you see “Spider-Man: Far from Home?” Mysterio showed us EXACTLY how it’s done!

5 Likes

He seems the sort of guy who would think the moon landings were fake. It was more difficult to film it and fake it in those days than to just go to the moon. And he’s an arse.

10 Likes

It’s a dark hypothesis but it rings true.

5 Likes

The joke goes that if NASA really did hire Stanley Kubrick to “fake the moon landings” it wouldn’t have worked out because he would have insisted in filming on location for it to look right.

26 Likes

Maybe he did film it, just in case, but then pulled it like he did Clockwork Orange so Nasa had to just had to bleeding well send a man or men to the moon?

4 Likes

Hey, lay off poor brave dead man walking Lin Wood. After all, if there are people powerful enough to arrange for the deaths of nearly 3k Americans, why wouldn’t they hesitate to increase their body count by 1 to silence the person drawing attention to their scheme?

In a couple days don’t be surprised if you hear that Lin Wood had a nasty accident where they fell into a wood chipper several times. These things happen. \s

It’s the same situation as in The Dark Knight, when Morgan Freeman’s Lucius Fox deals with a guy thinking to blackmail Bruce Wayne. The guy realizes his error in judgment quite quickly.

9 Likes

One can only hope.

2 Likes

I don’t know, man. Have you seen that boulder? That is a nice boulder.

2 Likes

I think the “it was just a joke” excuse is something Trump and his ilk will say when caught in a less defensible lie. My guess is that Wood believes this, it’s sadly not an unusual belief. Opinion polls about 9/11 conspiracy theories - Wikipedia His personal motives might be to promote conspiracy theories like this to earn financial support, it could even be that he thinks Biden won, but the grift is too good to pass up. ETA: My personal belief is that Trump never believed the Birther stories, but it was a fun story with which to hurt Obama. So some grifters are just blatantly lying for cash. Unless we were to develop real truth serum or a lie detector, it’s hard to tell who actually believes the lies.

3 Likes

Over the years, I have of course heard these claims of 9/11 being a false flag operation but what’s funny/not funny is that they seem to come predominantly, if not exclusively, from the right. Yet none of the claimants to speak of complain about let’s say our leaders’ responses: Bullshit wars, bigotry, the Patriot Act, etc.
Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Too: A big tell re Wood’s claim is that the money involved is way too large. (I suppose the wasted money has somehow nothing to do with military-industrial pork). Another tell: CGI in 2001 was lousy.
I know; it’s wrong to respond to this kind of stuff with facts. This kind of thing is, like, pathological.
And something to meditate over: What’s the moral difference between 9/11 being a false flag and (my much more preferred scenario) the Cheney/Bush administration allowing it to happen so that the already drafted Patriot Act could be passed and a few little wars started. (Too: You know that the Saudi connection is… something.)

6 Likes

And, Bush is going to Hell… Not for what he did in reaction to 9/11. But for what he did in reaction to 9/11 and for causing 9/11 itself.

Well, as long as he gets there, I’m not going to worry about the details.

3 Likes