Public university president bans drag show and promises to ignore "the law of the land"

yeah, exactly. just like the party of “states rights” and “no judicial activism” want the courts to outlaw mifepristone ( which granted sounds like mephistopheles, and is similarly hard to type ) and enact a nationwide abortion ban.

their end goal is that only straight white cis men – and mainly they and their friends – are allowed to power and sway. they will attack anything that isn’t that in an attempt to gain control.

( it’s even likely that it’s precisely because drag shows have become so mainstream and widely accepted that it’s become a target. )

11 Likes

… students could test it with a drag king show :thinking:

9 Likes

Sailor Moon Love GIF

Yes, please!

14 Likes

The last drag show I went to was a Tupperware Party. Seriously…this drag queen in Kansas City used to mix Tupperware sales with a drag show in a gay bar. It was fun.

15 Likes

I can’t wait to hear Harvard’s Hasty Pudding clubs’ reaction to this. They are the third oldest theatrical organization in the world and have been doing drag shows since 1770. Needless to say Harvard is the farthest thing away from a public university but their opinion should be interesting.

5 Likes

Texas native here. West Texas A&M is in Canyon, TX way out in the Panhandle a bit south of Amarillo. Very “small town, Trumpish conservative” sort of place. Doesn’t excuse the behavior, but it’s not at all surprising.

10 Likes

Yes. The ones promoting these types of issues are all about power. They want emotionally-charged supporters who will eventually vote for them. They’ll craft issues, regardless of truth, if it looks like it’ll play. Like CRT, ESG, woke, antifa, caravans, white replacement…

A lot of the followers also probably know it’s fake, but have their own reasons for pretending (until the pretense becomes true for them). Proud Boy types probably see it as their ticket into the mainstream.

9 Likes

I’m sure it attracted explorers of different kinds. Collecting Tupperware can be kind of a fetish… :grinning:

3 Likes

Exactly this. TERFs are uniting with the alt-right over their hatred of us. It’s a dark and weird alliance. I see TERF talking points pop up in all sorts of conservative circles now. I wish I could explain to these women that the people they are allying with hate them just as much and would very much like to shove them all into Gilead just as soon as we all get rid of the queers together.

15 Likes

Apparently it’s the fault of the left for abandoning the universalist principles of Enlightenment philosophers who were racist and Eurocentric.

8 Likes

Meanwhile, in my Liberal Calif. town (which MAGAts absolutely hate), the Mayor declared a Drag Performer the “Individual Artist of the Year” for 2022.

12 Likes

So the Unherd voice of the TERs thinks it is trans people purging them from the left, not them purging trans people from public life?

That sounds about right from them.

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.