QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

Topo Gigio Vintage GIF by The Ed Sullivan Show

4 Likes
3 Likes

star trek wow GIF

5 Likes
10 Likes

I would watch THE SHIT out of that show… will check out the podcast!

7 Likes

18 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

I wonder if that was scaled to the official dimensions of the Enterprise - because that would make it even cooler.
ETA - Also the way all the drone lights went out at the end would make a really good “cloaking” effect if they did this with a Bird of Prey.

6 Likes

Doug Drexler shared out a nice orthographic diagram of the Titan-A calling out the features and surface details of the ship and what they are in-universe

5 Likes
5 Likes

Picard episode 5: Goddamn, that was another tense one. I genuinely couldn’t tell if Ro was on the level or not for a good chunk of the time, especially after they cut between her cutting her hand and Crusher’s autopsy of the first changeling.

5 Likes

Picard S3 EP 5

They got me with the Worf thing too!

Also, Picard does love a symbolic door, doesn’t it? Was there one in the first season that I forgotten about?

4 Likes

The Waltons. Hi Jon boy!

11 Likes

Wait… holy shit… I think I just realized that a young Jonathan Frakes looks like my dad when he was young!?!

Getting Ready Lets Go GIF by Yukster

Yeah… Maybe it’s the uniform (my dad was army) and the hair, but other than the eye color… How’d I never notice that before… maybe I don’t remember seeing Frakes prior to TNG?

15 Likes

I know I never noticed him prior to TNG. Looking him up just now on IMDB - he did at least one episode of damned near every late-70’s through mid-80’s TV show, including the one with Thanos’ dad!

12 Likes

That’s some serious time travel.

16 Likes

That hair, those suits!!! So 70s, much wow!!!

12 Likes
8 Likes